#1 Glacies

Glacies

Comptroller of Schwanz Hats

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:56 AM

Let's get real here. 

Friday nights, Saturday nights and Sunday nights don't work for the whole group. It looks like we'll have to do weeknights. What times and what days?

Actually, haven't checked with the DM - Glass are you able to do weeknights?

#2 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13700 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, this might be a problem.  Right now I'm free Tuesday, Wed, and Saturday for any time.  I'm going back to a schedule in a few weeks where I'll be free Friday and Saturday.  Problem is that I don't get home until around 7 pm PST on work nights, which is a bit late for most of the group

#3 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:54 AM

I will make myself available whenever is best for the group.

#4 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

Well, this is depressing.

#5 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:18 AM

Okay fellas - how does wednesday night, 7pm sound?

#6 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13700 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:39 PM

I'm in

#7 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:39 AM

Hey guys, maybe we need to take a break here. We have a fistful of holidays coming up and people will have their own things they are doing on their own schedules. Maybe trying to beat out a schedule right at this minute is not going to be productive. I don't know. Just tell me what is decided. I will be as flexible as can possibly be. 

It just seems that trying to come up with a schedule right in the middle of holiday season, might not produce the results we want. 

#8 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:29 AM

why don't we just schedule a weekend session for some one shots and if anyone can make it, they can play. This way we don't get started on a campaign and lose people?

#9 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

Like I said, I'm down with anything. For me tho, the longer the pause between playtime, the more I have to get spooled back up on what I'm doing, and the sequences everything goes in, since I learn a lot more by doing than reading. 

#10 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13700 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:38 AM

why don't we just schedule a weekend session for some one shots and if anyone can make it, they can play. This way we don't get started on a campaign and lose people?

I don't see why that shouldn't work.  There are plenty of free one-shots that come complete with pre-made characters.  I don't think waiting until January is a good idea.  Better to have a few games than none.

#11 inv

inv

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13700 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

This isn't happening, is it

#12 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:04 PM

I'm just waiting on participants. But ... 

So far there is you, me, and Glac as far as regulars who still seem interested.

#13 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:07 PM

which sucks...that out of the whole group of people that shouted yes..there are only two people left that seem even remotely interested. I honestly must say that I am quite disappointed. I figured this group to be a bit more........committed. 

#14 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:11 PM

I've said it before. If I am not the DM you are looking for...no problem. The server can be used by anyone. 

Oh well, you live and learn

#15 Glacies

Glacies

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5095 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:45 PM

Anyone in for tomorrow evening?

#16 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:25 PM

Well, I hate to, but I may or may not be available due to work. Since next week is a short week for a lot of people, I have been given much work to  do. If I finish up I'll be more than happy to jump on in a game. 

#17 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:04 AM

I'm not really good at what I'm about to say. So read with the understanding that I sometimes have problems putting down in words what's rolling around in my head....but trying to filter as well. And I honestly don't want this to come off confrontational. But it will express my frustrations hopefully. This is not directed at anyone person in particular, or in general, or specifically or anything else. This is just me talking across the table to anyone who wants to listen.

In a nutshell, a group of people started a thread and pretty much stated 

"We want to learn how to play D&D" (Sounds of people clanging swords and creating an excited din)

"I know let's get GO to help" even though GO secretly is a mental flake

I was honored, and very nervous. So GO gets all excited because he too wants to play and low and behold there is an opportunity to yet again interact with the denizens of the PH here that I've ...well....come to know and love. 

"Oh geeze you want me to be DM...well uhh... I'm honored and I will give it my best shot and commit myself to learning the position." 

SO I laid out the cash to bankroll the start of what was to be glorious game play. And it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY isn't about the money. I don't think I can stress that enough. It just represents my commitment to the group that said they wanted to play D&D. That's it. If they gave away all that shit, I would still have gotten all of it..because that was my part I was charged with doing. That was what I was asked to do by way of asking me to DM the group and where we would learn together. Again, I stress extremely, it's not about the money. It's about the commitment.

And so I set about trying to create an environment where people could play, and even try their hand at being a DM by means of credential transference for the server. It's there for anyone to use...as far as I was concerned, it belonged to the group.

We started out a little shaky, but fun as we all got spooled up on how things progress from turn to turn. It was tedious at first but I for one had fun. And I heard from a lot of other\s that they had fun as well even though our group was not even closed to being polished. 

And now, some weeks later..hardly no one save two are interested. 

I must say that I am quite disappointed. I am sure my few paragraphs here will do more to isolate me as the weirdo of the group. But I just had to get it off my chest. And we are all adults here, so we should be able to conduct ourselves as adults.

To summarize my disappointment, I took the initiative to commit to my part of the responsibility of the group. But it doesn't feel like that level of  commitment is reciprocal. I don't want to make it seem like I did this, and I did that ,and I am the man, and I am god.  For one that's not my modus operandi. It's fairly obvious nothing works if we all don't play our parts.

I am not flouncing. If you take it like that you are a moron. I'm just having an adult conversation hopefully with some like minded adults. 

Have a great day.

GO

#18 Techmaster

Techmaster

Stink Bug Wielding Seagis Defeator

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

I'm sorry that I haven't been active on the board lately, I just keep forgetting to check it.  Evenings all week work for me.

#19 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59083 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 18 November 2018 - 05:21 PM

Go, I really want to be a part of this. You've done a great job and my lack of participation is all on me. I'll try to be more communicative, just usually can't commit to anything.

#20 BIG POPPA

BIG POPPA

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25965 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:22 PM

I'm just being a bitch I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users