#41 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Not to get too far off-topic but that O'Keefe's Working Hands is great stuff any time your hands split, crack, etc.  I don't know if it's the chemicals or just "winter" with the dry air but I will get to a point over the winter where I pretty much put it on every night before I go to bed just to avoid the issue.  It really works.  You could go to bed one night with hands that are really in pain and wake up the next morning with seemingly new hands.  No, I'm not a paid spokesperson.  :P

my dad uses bag balm.  seems to help.

#42 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

Not to get too far off-topic but that O'Keefe's Working Hands is great stuff any time your hands split, crack, etc.  I don't know if it's the chemicals or just "winter" with the dry air but I will get to a point over the winter where I pretty much put it on every night before I go to bed just to avoid the issue.  It really works.  You could go to bed one night with hands that are really in pain and wake up the next morning with seemingly new hands.  No, I'm not a paid spokesperson.  :P

Might be hard to believe but when we get an extended cold front, which is rare, my hands crack too.  Good to know about the O'Keefe's.

#43 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53516 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

Might be hard to believe but when we get an extended cold front, which is rare, my hands crack too.  Good to know about the O'Keefe's.

I just assumed that O'Keefe's was air from Coconut Creek.  :P

#44 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

I just assumed that O'Keefe's was air from Coconut Creek.  :P

Damn well could be

#45 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

this thread inspired me to boil my transfer tubing that I use to get the beer from the kettle to the fermentor.  normally I just run starsan through it but this should kill any nasties.  I realized today I have pretty minimal stuff that touches the beer on the cold side.

Pre fermentation

• turkey baster to pull a sample for checking gravity
  • a long length of 1/2" ID silicone tubing
  • the fermentor itself
  • some vinyl tubing and O2 stone (O2 stone gets boiled in water every time before use) for beers that use liquid yeast

Post fermentation

• small length of vinyl tubing to jump from fermentor to kegs
  • the kegs
  • possibly vinyl bags or SS hop screen with dry hops
  • serving lines

How do your lists look?

Pre Ferm

• 1/2 silicone hose and some SS fittings and camlock fittings.  The SS and camlock sit in starsan till I am ready for them.
  • Fermenter
  • SS Turkey baster for gravity reading
  • SS Racking cane that gets installed for non-dryhopped beers on brewday
  • Yeast 

Post Ferm

• Racking cane for beers that were dryhopped
  • 3/8 silicone line for transfer that was used for CO2 blowiff into keg
  • Keg
  • Lines and taps
  • Dryhops or SS screen thingy

#46 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49850 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Not to get too far off-topic but that O'Keefe's Working Hands is great stuff any time your hands split, crack, etc. I don't know if it's the chemicals or just "winter" with the dry air but I will get to a point over the winter where I pretty much put it on every night before I go to bed just to avoid the issue. It really works. You could go to bed one night with hands that are really in pain and wake up the next morning with seemingly new hands. No, I'm not a paid spokesperson. :P

That’s what I would use and it helps, but it’s not instant. Some folks aren’t affected by it. I worked with a guy who would dip his hands in it all day with no issues. I might just be sensitive to it but it sucks.

#47 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

I accidentally deleted my post lol. I was going to edit it to say I meant nylon bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users