#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:53 AM

Well, this is one I have loved in the past.  Will keep an eye peeled for a couple 4-packs

http://beerstreetjou...m/founders-cbs/

#2 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16614 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:59 AM

I've never had it. What makes it Canadian?

#3 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

I had it a long time ago in a 750ML when it was hard to get and I liked KBS better.  I guess I was hoping for more maple to come through, never had the newer release.  The last time I seen them here they were price gouging like crazy.

I've never had it. What makes it Canadian?

aged on pure Michigan maple syrup

#4 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:18 AM

I had it a long time ago in a 750ML when it was hard to get and I liked KBS better.  I guess I was hoping for more maple to come through, never had the newer release.  The last time I seen them here they were price gouging like crazy.

Oh I'm sure the pricing will be like taking a fist you know where...........  That said, I'd like at least a couple to try at the very least.  I refuse to buy Goose Bourbon Barrel any more.  The pricing and hype and limited supply totally bullsh!t.  Then our Total Wine had a ton of it after the roll out.  Maybe people caught on to the gouging for something very good but not great enough for the cost?

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:24 AM

Oh I'm sure the pricing will be like taking a fist you know where...........  That said, I'd like at least a couple to try at the very least.  I refuse to buy Goose Bourbon Barrel any more.  The pricing and hype and limited supply totally bullsh!t.  Then our Total Wine had a ton of it after the roll out.  Maybe people caught on to the gouging for something very good but not great enough for the cost?

I see GI BCBS and its variants sit for a while here as well.  Think I saw bottles at 30+ last time.  NOPE.

#6 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16614 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

Right, seems like MBS would be more appropriate.

Edited by neddles, 12 October 2018 - 06:05 AM.

#7 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

I see GI BCBS and its variants sit for a while here as well.  Think I saw bottles at 30+ last time.  NOPE.

Darn right NOPE.  Especially since I bottled 7 bombers and 47 twelve ouncers of a Bananas Foster Imperial Stout :)

#8 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

Darn right NOPE. Especially since I bottled 7 bombers and 47 twelve ouncers of a Bananas Foster Imperial Stout :)

Did you use Hefeweizen yeast?

#9 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:28 AM

Did you use Hefeweizen yeast?

Yes Sir I did.  I didn't get the banana clove that I wanted which ironically if it weren't for this recipe I wouldn't ever want banana clove in anything haha.  But that yeast tore through 1.080 like a champ.

#10 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

I took a bottle to my club last Saturday and one of the first comments was, "This tastes like Banana's Foster."  I never told anyone that was my goal.

Had to be the spiced rum marinated Key Largo Vanilla Beans along with 4 pounds of over ripe carmelized bananas deglazed with rum :)

#11 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:41 AM

Sounds like a fun beer!

I do a Hefeweizen with chocolate malt that everyone says tastes like chocolate chip banana bread.

Next time I’m going to use cholaca too

#12 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

I want to try the cholaca too.

#13 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49857 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:31 PM

I’ve got two beers going right now using it. Both porters. One with raspberry purée, one with vanilla. Vanilla one is imperial

#14 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

I’ve got two beers going right now using it. Both porters. One with raspberry purée, one with vanilla. Vanilla one is imperial

Will be curious to hear how you like it.  I only delve into the Stouts or Porters about once a year.  But it's always nice to have on hand for that evening sipper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users