#1 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4953 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

Anyone sneak liquor on a cruise? I know you can bring a sixer per person, and my wife doesn't drink, so it's all for me.

However, strictly on the principle of that I just have to try it, what is the best way? I see the are bladders that you can buy that are xray proof. Anyone try that? If I get caught and they confiscate it, I'm cool with that. But, I just have to try. ;)

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24221 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:43 PM

https://www.google.c...i10.rEjwbORvgNU

#3 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39097 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

How much are you trying to bring? They sell smugglers canes on Amazon.

#4 MyNameIsLuka

MyNameIsLuka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22114 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Resealing water bottles with vodka and listerine bottles with bourbon is probable the easiest way. I know people that have done both successfully.

#5 GaryNConcord

GaryNConcord

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1253 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

Last cruise, the ladies filled up mouthwash bottles and were successful.  I have to believe whoever is inspecting the bags is fully aware of it, but just aren't paid enough to GAF when they see it.

#6 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24221 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:16 PM

Our last cruise I emptied a 2L bottle of water and filled it with vodka.  Didn't do the recap trick though.  It worked.  We boarded, got a few drinks and checked out our room before the safety lecture for everyone.  Looked out the porthole or whatever it is called and watched the last pieces of luggage being loaded.  One remained, and remained for quite a while.  Ours.  I assumed we were busted - whatever.  Nope - the vodka showed up in our room.  We still gave them some bar money though.  I don't care if I ever go on another cruise again.  It was OK but I would rather do an all inclusive.

#7 Murphy

Murphy

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13649 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:43 PM

enjoy the legionnaires disease

#8 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34763 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

I'd smuggle it in inside my blood stream.

#9 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4953 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

enjoy the legionnaires disease

That's what she said

#10 BeerBomber

BeerBomber

Comptroller of Brined Cucumber Liplocks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6212 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

1-Get some contact lens cleaner solution
2-Dump it all out
3-Fill with liquor of choice
4-Shrink wrap it closed.
5-Profit

#11 Humdum

Humdum

Comptroller of Chili and Other Fine Bean-Free Foods

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8389 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

I brought a handle of rum onboard last cruise using opaque mouthwash bottles with carefully resealed caps. Winning!

#12 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27524 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

We used to bring whisky in Listerine bottles on REAL cruises.

#13 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66248 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:24 AM

Isn't there enough liquor on board? I went on a cruise in the early 90s and there was no shortage of booze. I was 17 but still managed to be drunk half the time! You had to pay for drinks at the bars but there was always free champagne to be had somewhere aboard....

#14 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34763 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:26 AM

Isn't there enough liquor on board? I went on a cruise in the early 90s and there was no shortage of booze. I was 17 but still managed to be drunk half the time! You had to pay for drinks at the bars but there was always free champagne to be had somewhere aboard....

I hate interrupting a power chug to use my mouth for ordering more alcohol.  Ugh, then waiting for it.  People talking.  Leave the bottle.  And that one too.  All of them.

#15 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39097 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:49 AM

In 1994 a shot of tequila cost $8.

#16 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22264 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

Resealing water bottles with vodka and listerine bottles with bourbon is probable the easiest way. I know people that have done both successfully.

I've done this. Get the dasani bottles or other prominent name brand. They look more "official" 

#17 Humdum

Humdum

Comptroller of Chili and Other Fine Bean-Free Foods

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8389 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

Yes, but the drinks on board are STUPID expensive.

#18 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

My daughter went on a cruise (Fort Lauderdale to Cozumel and another spot in MX) and said numerous people had been busted trying to smuggle liquor on board.  Also, she told me a story that made so much sense but I've never been on a cruise so it was an AHA! moment for me.  She said the boat was constantly rocking... during the day she said it was okay but in the evenings she said everyone was getting nauseous because the boat was moving so much.  She would go into the bathroom to pee and there was a person in every stall throwing up and THIS is why bugs break out on a boat.  For years I wondered why it happened this way... there are giant office buildings where people work day after day and an illness doesn't take over like it does on a cruise ship.  She also said there were staff members in the bathrooms cleaning up with bleach at all times so that they could combat any breakouts.  I really have no desire to take a cruise.  

#19 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19737 posts
  • LocationDown two, then left.

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:39 AM

I really have no desire to take a cruise.

+1

Sizzler On The Sea

Everybody I know that comes back from a cruise, all they talk about is large the large volume of food available.

#20 Lee in Texas

Lee in Texas

Comptroller of Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1471 posts
  • Locationnear Austin, Texas

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:21 AM

"We had a great time" doesn't make a good story. I went on a cruise for the first time earlier this year. A family vacation; my sister's family and I took Mom on a cruise for her 70th birthday. We all had a great time. We never saw any puke. Would cruise again. In fact, next year's cruise is paid for. Got a room with a balcony this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users