Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

Ken...

15 games to go for in the NL Central.  Milwaukee had a day off today and sit 1.5 games back of the Cubs.  Wanna have an Avatar bet on who takes the Division?  Winner gets to pick the Avatar to be in place until Opening Day 2019.

You in, or are you afraid the Cubs are gonna choke just like da Bears did on Sunday night? 

#2 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:01 AM

Bumped for Ken, since he's so damn old he doesn't know how to scroll the page to the bottom.

#3 weeperABR

weeperABR

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6194 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:09 AM

Is it that he’s old, or, because he’s kinda slow?

#4 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

Is it that he’s old, or, because he’s kinda slow?

He's old(er than me).  LOL

And it's not that he's slow... I'm just not certain that due to his age he understands how to scroll down the page.  :devil:

#5 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19548 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:06 AM

That is a long duration for an avatar bet

#6 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:15 AM

That is a long duration for an avatar bet

He's welcome to suggest an alternative timeline... perhaps the day pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training?

#7 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:32 AM

I think the tricky part is which avatar do I select for you when I win?  :lol:  I need to find something really good and embarrassing.  I'm not overly happy with what my team is doing but they have played something like 25 games without a day off.  Okay... I'm in.  

#8 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39097 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:33 AM

I think the best timeline would be until the World Series concludes.

#9 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19548 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:48 AM

I think the best timeline would be until the World Series concludes.

that way deerslyr can make a bet on the b1g championship

#10 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:04 AM

To be fair, Deerslyr and I had an avatar bet last year and he chose a body-painted girl in a Cubs jersey that he kept for far longer than we originally planned.  I don't really have an issue with the duration of the bet.  

#11 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

that way deerslyr can make a bet on the b1g championship

I'm superstitious.  I'm way more of a Badger fan than a Brewer fan.  I don't make bets of any sort on the Badgers.  Ever.  

Ken and I have had some long term AV bets.  He had to use a picture of a dog sitting on anther one for a fair amount of time.  

This should be fun.  It really is neck and neck and I have no doubt that it will come down to the last game of the season.  Statistically speaking, I don't think that there can be a tie (and not sure how they would handle a Divisional tie anyways... one game playoff or do they look at head to head?)

Caveat:  March Madness brackets don't count.

#12 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

Looks like the season ends for everyone (weather permitting) on September 30.  The new avatar goes up on October 1 and the winner chooses it.  

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:43 AM

Looks like the season ends for everyone (weather permitting) on September 30.  The new avatar goes up on October 1 and the winner chooses it.  

Yup!

Do you want to go until Opening Day or Spring Training?  Or some other date (with significant duration)?

Also, in the unlikely event of a tie, whoever is crowned Divisional Champ, regardless of the manner, is deemed to be the winner.

#14 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

Yup!

Do you want to go until Opening Day or Spring Training?  Or some other date (with significant duration)?

Also, in the unlikely event of a tie, whoever is crowned Divisional Champ, regardless of the manner, is deemed to be the winner.

I'm fine with whatever the duration is... spring training or opening day works for me.

Yeah, I'm not sure what would happen if there was a divisional tie.  I don't recall there ever being a 1-game playoff to determine the winner of a division unless it had specific playoff impact and even then I think it comes down to head-to-head.  It looks like the Cubs went 11-8 vs. the Brewers this year so if they tied at the end of the season would the Cubs win the division with the Brewers being one of the wildcard teams?  What if the Cubs and Brewers both tank and they also tie for the division but the Brewers don't win a wildcard?  They could tie for the division but miss the playoffs?  That would be teh suck.  :D

#15 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

LOL!  I assumed it would be one or the other taking the Division.  So, let's say whoever has the better record, taking into account any playoff to determine either the Divisional Champ or WildCard spot.  If neither are eligible for a Wild Card spot (highly unlikely) and they are tied, but no playoff game is required due to both being locked out of post-season, then the head to head record.

#16 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:00 AM

Got it.  I've been watching closely as you can imagine.  There are a lot of things going on... Cubs still [somehow] have the best record in the NL, Cardinals still have a wildcard spot but are struggling a bit and now the Dodgers are snapping at their heals.  Meanwhile Atlanta has arrived ahead of schedule and is looking quite strong.  I keep thinking that whoever emerges in the NL is going into the Red Sox meat-grinder anyway so the NL part of things will probably be the end of it for whoever makes it out.   

#17 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:04 AM

I haven't gotten too deep into the weeds on this.  I check the stats daily to see where Milwaukee stands. 

#18 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:38 PM

Should I be a gentleman and let you bow out?  :D  I realize today was just a small setback but the number of games is getting smaller!  

#19 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21042 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:24 AM

Only 2.5 games back. Let it ride.

#20 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28261 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:26 AM

The Cubs have scored 4 runs in 2 games.  The Reds have scored 2 runs in 2 games.  Cubs won both so the only conclusion is that Cubs pitching is finally waking up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users