#1 Augie91

Augie91

Rocket

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17992 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

Since we have not left Iowa in 4 years, we are gonna hit Disney/Universal in the Spring! Tell me where you like to eat, what rides you dig, and what strategies you have for conquering the Mouse!! I have plane and hotel booked and am working on meal reservations then fast pass bookings.

Edited by AUGIE1991, 12 September 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#2 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39938 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:43 PM

Hit Universal early, like 45 minutes before the park opens to get in a short line. Then you will get on all the best coasters without stupid lines.

Avoid afternoons at Disney Magic Kindom. Go early, leave the park around 1pm to avoid the stupid heat and thunderstorms, come back around 6pm or 7pm to continue.

#3 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5077 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:17 PM

Pick your fast passes and work around that. I take it your going for spring break? Haven’t done universal yet, but we have done Disney too many times. Honestly, my wife is the expert, I just go along with what she says.

Oh, drink around the world at Epcot.

#4 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53346 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

Mauschwitz.

#5 Augie91

Augie91

Rocket

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17992 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

Hit Universal early, like 45 minutes before the park opens to get in a short line. Then you will get on all the best coasters without stupid lines.

Avoid afternoons at Disney Magic Kindom. Go early, leave the park around 1pm to avoid the stupid heat and thunderstorms, come back around 6pm or 7pm to continue.

We are planning that exactly.  Hit the park early......rides, rides, rides, take a break for lunch.  Chill, parade, more rides, fireworks!

#6 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15380 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

We stayed in the Disney park in one of their hotels both times. Would do that again in a second.

Use the fast pass to plan your day. Buy a two meal plan with snacks. If you are there over 5 days, plan on a down day of just hanging around the hotel pool. Everyone needs a break.

#7 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35742 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

Check out the Disney Galactic Nights events. HUGE parade and it’s all 501st members. Disney makes a huge deal about it.

#8 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15380 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

Check out the lightsaber display. I might know who did the machining on those. ;)

#9 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35742 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Check out the lightsaber display. I might know who did the machining on those. ;)

Do tell....

#10 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68053 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

Get yourself a "wait times app". There are ones for disney and universal. They will help you maximize the rides in between waiting for fast pass times.

#11 Car ChuckRam

Car ChuckRam

Rami!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7059 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:32 PM

Get your fast pass early.

#12 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15380 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

Do tell....

I can’t. Them damn non-disclosure agreements. I can tell that whoever made them had fun doing it. However, it was a pita because all the prints where in Korean.

#13 Augie91

Augie91

Rocket

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17992 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:38 PM

Get yourself a "wait times app". There are ones for disney and universal. They will help you maximize the rides in between waiting for fast pass times.

Yes!  I'm all hooked up with the "touring plans" people.  I've been looking over their books as well.  I cannot book fast pass until 30 days out.  We are staying off property, because for a family of six it saves us almost $1,500 on lodging.  The on property hotel had us crammed in like sardines with 3 double beds and 1 bathroom.  We opted to go 5 miles out at a Homewood suites, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite.  It is equidistant between Disney and Universal so win/win imho.

Edited by AUGIE1991, 12 September 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#14 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Comptroller of BigAssMan

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43267 posts
  • Locationen route

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

I can’t. Them damn non-disclosure agreements. I can tell that whoever made them had fun doing it. However, it was a pita because all the prints where in Korean.

Just have your lawyer funnel the money through a shell corporation and just turn on him if he gets caught. #Make NDAs Great Again

#15 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35558 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:21 AM

Book as many meal reservations as you can 6 months in advance.  Not 5 months 30 days and 23 hours in advance, 6 months.  You can always cancel and reconfigure later.

The beauty and the beast restaurant in the kingdom serves beer and wine.  Do i need to repeat that?

Fast passes and all that stuff has already been covered.

Don't let Peter Pan touch your kids, or you.  Seriously.  At least everyone else is wearing a mask, cosmetically female, or Gaston.  

#16 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28333 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:07 AM

You shouldn't have to deal with afternoon showers in the spring - at least not as automatically as summer.

#17 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68053 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:15 AM

Dude last time I was at Disney world the afternoon showers were awesome because when they would hit everyone would scatter underneath the nearest roof. If you didn't care about the rain you could walk all over the park and it was barely crowded. Soon as the sun came out the place was mobbed again.

#18 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3249 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

I’m not saying I would pay decent money for an elaborate umbrella handle. But I would pay decent money for an elaborate umbrella handle

#19 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3249 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:33 AM

Having an enjoyable time at Disney is 100% about timing throughout the year. They put on simply the best amusement park production on the planet.

It’s expensive yes. But it’s only unbearably crowded if you can’t travel there on less than peak days.

#20 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35742 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:34 AM

Uh huh....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users