4 replies to this topic

#1 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

First time since my teens I’ve gone to the drag races here. It’s a fun experience and a guy can’t help but get a semi from nitro funny cars running 5.42 second quarters. There was a couple hours where the track temps were perfect and they were hooking up hard af.
Had the jets and wheelstsnders too.
A buddy has a daughter who is the youngest to get licensed in Idaho and I’ve been a sponsor of her car for three years (she was 6). They weren’t running juniors but she’s also tagged onto a national team as their youngest driver so the car was on display. My buddy actually said to give him more cards since several people thought it was cool I’d sponsor a kid.
75_EC2_DED-_A668-4_A0_B-820_D-_AC0150_AC

My logos are on the wings facing up and not in the pics but it is still kinda cool to sponsor a drag car for my buddies kid and she’s pretty proud to be a “sponsored racer” lol. It all started with s couple drinks....

Went hunting sunscreen before heading out and discovered the soon to be ex wife’s stash of mikes hard lemonade under the sink in our son’s bathroom.
There’s an entire fridge full of cider, beer, whiskey and whatever else in the garage but she’s busy telling everyone she stopped drinking.
That picture was worth a thousand excuses.....

#2 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21027 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:17 AM

Awesome dude. I try to make a few  NHRA events during the year. The experience, for those uninitiated, is something you will remember. The very ground trembles when some of the nitro rails step to the lights. If there was a way that I could experience the thrill of a nitro run without the fear of a horrible wreck, I'd do it. I've done the Richard Petty driving experience. That was pretty cool. I would imagine funny cars would be in the awesome category. 

#3 idajack

idajack

Werecomptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:38 AM

Awesome dude. I try to make a few NHRA events during the year. The experience, for those uninitiated, is something you will remember. The very ground trembles when some of the nitro rails step to the lights. If there was a way that I could experience the thrill of a nitro run without the fear of a horrible wreck, I'd do it. I've done the Richard Petty driving experience. That was pretty cool. I would imagine funny cars would be in the awesome category.

As a teen I went with aunt and uncle/cousin. They lived in a neighborhood that was full of racers. It was pretty common Friday nice to hear cars firing up all over the block at 10-11 pm including my cousins blown ‘76 ‘vette and my uncles ‘68 Camero that ran alcohol.
I drove her ‘vette down this same strip at 14-15 years old and didn’t get over 100 mph. The first nitro pass last night was a solo qualifier at 252 mph. Lots of sub 6 second cars...especially while the track was optimal.
And yeah, nitro goes by and you feel it all the way to your toes.

#4 Buzz Buzzard

Buzz Buzzard

Comptroller of Fanatical Political Expressionism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8399 posts
  • LocationHere, not there.

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

We have tickets to the gatornationals again this spring.

#5 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8117 posts
  • Location38.362783, -85.311367 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:52 PM

I love the eye-tearing smell of race fuel.

Edited by Kremer, 12 August 2018 - 04:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users