TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51131 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

https://www.si.com/c...ring-ohio-state

rumblings of Meyer getting sacked 'cuz he knew and didn't say shit.....

#2 D Fender

D Fender

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94131 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:16 PM

Wow. That's certainly unexpected.

Sports Illustrated is still a thing?

#3 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51131 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:19 PM

Sports Illustrated is still a thing?

in print not so much but they have made the conversion to digital pretty well and continue to cover sports pretty decently

#4 AUGIE1991

AUGIE1991

Rocket

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17541 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:25 PM

Funny thread title by the way :)

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20730 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

I don't see them doing anything about it.

tOSU knew that they were getting a douchebag when they hired him, so why would they fire him for being a douchebag now?

Look... I don't like the guy.  But I'm not entirely certain that he should be fired because one of his assistants had a rough marriage and got himself into a bit of hot water.  If I got into a domestic fight, I don't think that I'd get canned from my job for it... unless my job was working in a battered women's shelter, I'm struggling to find the nexus here.  And this is nothing like Sandusky.  Some of that shit took place on campus.

Would I love to see Urban take his brand of football somewhere else?  Sure.  But I don't see it happening because of this.

#6 Sherlock McSerpico

Sherlock McSerpico

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26228 posts
  • LocationStraight from the bowels of hell!!!

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:09 PM

^^^ this except I dont like or hate Meyer... I pull for tOSU because my HS friend’s son plays for them.

#7 KSUwildcatFAN

KSUwildcatFAN

Comptroller of ChopSticks & Ghey Bach Chow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5035 posts
  • LocationKC Area

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:12 PM

He does a pretty good job of winning, right? There's your answer about what happens to him.

But for the record, I'm not sure he should be fired over something like this. He's a little scummier if he knew and didn't fire his assistant, but it's not like he beat his own wife (AFAIK)

#8 SnowMan

SnowMan

Advanced Snowman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5735 posts
  • LocationSunman, IN

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

I'm hoping for a shit show, just cause I hate the school.  But that's just me hating them for hates sake. 

#9 D Fender

D Fender

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94131 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

tOSU knew that they were getting a douchebag when they hired him, so why would they fire him for being a douchebag now?

Look... I don't like the guy. But I'm not entirely certain that he should be fired because one of his assistants had a rough marriage and got himself into a bit of hot water. If I got into a domestic fight, I don't think that I'd get canned from my job for it... unless my job was working in a battered women's shelter, I'm struggling to find the nexus here. And this is nothing like Sandusky. Some of that shit took place on campus.

Would I love to see Urban take his brand of football somewhere else? Sure. But I don't see it happening because of this.

Good God are you still bitter?

#10 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20730 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:18 PM

He does a pretty good job of winning, right? There's your answer about what happens to him.

But for the record, I'm not sure he should be fired over something like this. He's a little scummier if he knew and didn't fire his assistant, but it's not like he beat his own wife (AFAIK)

Absent some sort of clause in the assistants contract that say he can be terminated for beating his wife (or some other such morals clause, why should Myers be obligated to fire him?  What's the nexus between being an abusive dick to your wife and your employment?

Good God are you still bitter?

Not as bitter as you seem to think.  A bitter man would be rejoicing about getting him out of tOSU on a technicality.

It's no secret he's a douchebag.  Don't know why that's so hard for you to understand that I don't have to like douchebags.  I didn't like him BEFORE he came to Columbus.

#11 D Fender

D Fender

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94131 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Lol. ZOMG IT'S SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND!!!

:D

Calm your tits, Holmes. It's just a game.

#12 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Advanced Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2541 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Look... I don't like the guy.  But I'm not entirely certain that he should be fired because one of his assistants had a rough marriage and got himself into a bit of hot water.  If I got into a domestic fight, I don't think that I'd get canned from my job for it... unless my job was working in a battered women's shelter, I'm struggling to find the nexus here.  And this is nothing like Sandusky.  Some of that shit took place on campus.

Would I love to see Urban take his brand of football somewhere else?  Sure.  But I don't see it happening because of this.

It's potentially a Title IX violation to know about domestic or sexual assault against women and not report it.  Even his wife, who is an instructor in the nursing school, can be drawn into this.  It seems she knew as did several other coach's wives. 

ETA:  He's been placed on administrative leave. 

Edited by Jabberdave, 01 August 2018 - 03:19 PM.

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20730 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

It's potentially a Title IX violation to know about domestic or sexual assault against women and not report it. Even his wife, who is an instructor in the nursing school, can be drawn into this. It seems she knew as did several other coach's wives.

ETA: He's been placed on administrative leave.

Well, there is the potential law requiring. Didnt realize that a supervisor in a situation like this is a mandatory reporter.

#14 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Advanced Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2541 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:37 PM

Well, there is the potential law requiring. Didnt realize that a supervisor in a situation like this is a mandatory reporter.

Everyone employed by a school is required.  Even me.  If I suspect, I have to report. 

I don't know if this is just state schools or if it includes private schools (like Miami), too.  I assume all are included. 

#15 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7272 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:39 PM

I wonder why Schiano wasn't named the interim coach? :)

#16 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19303 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

Multiple times the cops were called to the house. Cops didn't do anything.

The ex wife texted Meyers wife but not Meyer. I think nothing is going to come of it. Meyers wife has a "job" with the school she might get fired

#17 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19303 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:52 PM

The page 3 info is the coach in question played for Meyer at bgsu. He is also Earl Bruce's grandson. Meyer coached under Bruce. Bruce died last year. So I could see Meyer protecting Smith out of loyalty to Bruce.

#18 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6238 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

Placing a coach on "paid administrative leave" is typically code for "we're working out a separation agreement with the lawyers and the agent."  Odds favor Urb is gone with conditions.

#19 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20730 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

Everyone employed by a school is required.  Even me.  If I suspect, I have to report. 

I don't know if this is just state schools or if it includes private schools (like Miami), too.  I assume all are included. 

It may be just your State Schools.  In reading a couple of articles on Title IX mandatory reporting, not all schools say that every employee is a mandatory reporter.

Still...

The wife is not a student, and this is where I've got a problem over whether Urban is "required" to report.  There is no direct relationship between the wife and the University.  She is neither a student or an employee (at least not that has been reported... the other three ARE employees, so can safely assume they would say if she was as well) and I struggle to see where Myers is on the hook for it.  

I'm a mandatory reporter for Boy Scouts.  If my wife told me that the wife of one of the other Scout leaders that I work with was being abused by her husband, am I obligated to report it?  I think that's the best analogy I can come up with for myself.  I don't think I'm obligated.  Should I?  Possibly, but the point of having mandatory reporters under Title IX is really a liability issue.  The institution is making attempts to shield itself.  Under my scenario, the Boy Scouts have no duty of care to the wife of another leader.  The duty of care is to the children.  Similarly, the duty of care by tOSU is to the students and employees.  

I'm not saying that they shouldn't report when evidence is credible, but I'm saying that the "mandatory reporter" shouldn't be exposed to penalties under this circumstance.

He's a douche for not saying something, but I struggle with it if they determine it is a Title IX violation.

#20 Jabberdave

Jabberdave

Advanced Padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2541 posts
  • LocationGainesville

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

It may be just your State Schools.  In reading a couple of articles on Title IX mandatory reporting, not all schools say that every employee is a mandatory reporter.

Still...

The wife is not a student, and this is where I've got a problem over whether Urban is "required" to report.  There is no direct relationship between the wife and the University.  She is neither a student or an employee (at least not that has been reported... the other three ARE employees, so can safely assume they would say if she was as well) and I struggle to see where Myers is on the hook for it.  

I'm a mandatory reporter for Boy Scouts.  If my wife told me that the wife of one of the other Scout leaders that I work with was being abused by her husband, am I obligated to report it?  I think that's the best analogy I can come up with for myself.  I don't think I'm obligated.  Should I?  Possibly, but the point of having mandatory reporters under Title IX is really a liability issue.  The institution is making attempts to shield itself.  Under my scenario, the Boy Scouts have no duty of care to the wife of another leader.  The duty of care is to the children.  Similarly, the duty of care by tOSU is to the students and employees.  

I'm not saying that they shouldn't report when evidence is credible, but I'm saying that the "mandatory reporter" shouldn't be exposed to penalties under this circumstance.

He's a douche for not saying something, but I struggle with it if they determine it is a Title IX violation.

I'm in the grey area as well when it comes to his wife.  Perhaps it does include her because he was an employee of the university at the time.  I don't know all of it and I pick up the phone when I have questions like this.  Especially being in HR myself.  I don't always need to know, I just need to know who to call.  I do know that we are instructed to report if we see, hear or suspect anything to anyone.  Even staff. 

Agreed he's a douche and I'm also unsure about the Title IX aspect.  I've heard it may be a violation. I don't know enough of the details to be able to say one way or the other.  I just know it's potentially in play at the moment.  I'd bet a paycheck the school put him on admin leave to alleviate potential future liability, though. 

I've also had several beers and I'm feeling pretty damn good at the moment.  I'm thinking about chasing whores at the local watering hole, but that's TBD. 

I should say, I'm required to report everything.  Is that Title IX?  I don't know for sure.  I just know that if I know of anything and don't report it, my ass is in a sling. 

Edited by Jabberdave, 01 August 2018 - 05:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users