#1 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19921 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:46 AM

Keeping in mind the current political climate I have to raise an eye about a car that has started parking right near one of the entrance doors, backed into the slot so the rear window is a couple feet off the sidewalk folks pass by on.  In glancing I've noticed "4 doors more whores" sticker and also "panty dropper (with a set of dropped panties and legs outline)".  I haven't stopped to read the rest but the tone of language seems to be self apparent.  Honestly surprised in PC land that HR hasn't flagged this person down as the parking lot is still private property, IE you couldn't wear a shirt about whores in the office.

#2 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31409 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

Whores

#3 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26713 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

I don't understand bumper stickers as a thing.  I have a dark gray, small SUV and there are a million of those in every parking lot so I have one inoffensive, bright-yellow ABATE sticker for easy identification.  But I don't really "get" why people put statement or joke stickers on their cars.

MCSafe2.jpg

#4 pickle_rick

pickle_rick

Comptroller of <non-pr0n> pr0n

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35513 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:03 AM

Keeping in mind the current political climate I have to raise an eye about a car that has started parking right near one of the entrance doors, backed into the slot so the rear window is a couple feet off the sidewalk folks pass by on.  In glancing I've noticed "4 doors more whores" sticker and also "panty dropper (with a set of dropped panties and legs outline)".  I haven't stopped to read the rest but the tone of language seems to be self apparent.  Honestly surprised in PC land that HR hasn't flagged this person down as the parking lot is still private property, IE you couldn't wear a shirt about whores in the office.

we have one of those 4 doors one at work too!  I'm pretty shocked as well.  it must be a pretty low level worker b/c I can't imagine I'd get away with that.

but then again - we have a manager who used to have a middle finger air freshener on his rear view mirror.

Edited by pickle_rick, 13 July 2018 - 08:04 AM.

#5 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50671 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:03 AM

I generally have a distaste for bumperstickers in general.  specifically ones that are overtly political.  but the ones you mention my first thought would be "dumb ass teen"

#6 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31409 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

I’m baffled by people who put brewery stickers all over their car. Hey! Look at me! I love beer! Pull me over!

#7 pickle_rick

pickle_rick

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35513 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:34 AM

I’m baffled by people who put brewery stickers all over their car. Hey! Look at me! I love beer! Pull me over!

yeup.

#8 Car ChuckRam

Car ChuckRam

Rami!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6486 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

I’m baffled by people who put Dead Head stickers all over their car. Hey! Look at me! I love dope and shitty music. Pull me over!

#9 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19921 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

but the ones you mention my first thought would be "dumb ass teen"

Agreed.  I'm just surprised HR hasn't pulled them aside "Hi, some folks might find your sticker statements offensive and this is private property.  So if you'd like to have these stickers on your car and still work at this facility rather than backing your car up to the entrance door on full display please use the perimeter rows and back up to the bushes instead.  Mmmkay thanks."

#10 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50671 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Agreed.  I'm just surprised HR hasn't pulled them aside "Hi, some folks might find your sticker statements offensive and this is private property.  So if you'd like to have these stickers on your car and still work at this facility rather than backing your car up to the entrance door on full display please use the perimeter rows and back up to the bushes instead.  Mmmkay thanks."

or maybe they just look at it, shake their heads, and say 'idiot' and let it go. 

#11 pickle_rick

pickle_rick

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35513 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

or maybe they just look at it, shake their heads, and say 'idiot' and let it go. 

true.  some things are only worth bothering with if someone complains.

#12 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50671 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

yup, exactly.

#13 Gusso

Gusso

Secretary of In and Out

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14896 posts
  • LocationThe Holy City

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

I used to see South of the Border bumper stickers a ton. Not much anymore.

sofb.jpg

#14 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7528 posts
  • LocationLower, Slower Delaware

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

I resemble that remark.

#15 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31409 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

I’m baffled by people who put Dead Head stickers all over their car. Hey! Look at me! I love dope and shitty music. Pull me over!

Yup

That being said, there are some pretty stealthy drug band stickers these days

#16 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19921 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

In today's political climate (and the leftist drift of where I live) I'm actually surprised someone isn't offended on behalf of someone. :P

#17 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19284 posts
  • LocationAirBnB Is My Landlord

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

I always wondered what kind of person put on the sophomoric humor, poorly veiled sexual innuendo bumper stickers.

For some reason, Northern California tourist attraction, Mystery Spot, is a common bumper sticker.

It is a cool thing to visit. I have been there more than once. Maybe they give away the stickers and everybody's kid slaps the sticker on the family car. .

27384c6835337b7915689ca29712a97a--myster

#18 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50671 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

In today's political climate (and the leftist drift of where I live) I'm actually surprised someone isn't offended on behalf of someone. :P

give it some time, it'll happen.  maybe you could point it out to a couple SJW coworkers just cuz you're bored on a friday

#19 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26713 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

I feel the same way about the NRA and gun stickers.  "Hey criminals!  There's a better than average chance of this car having a gun to steal inside."

#20 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14641 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

I used to see South of the Border bumper stickers a ton. Not much anymore.

sofb.jpg

Squeak and I spent an afternoon at that place right before they went to Japan. So damn cheesey but, so much fun with her. The Sombrero lift was broken so we couldn't go up. That made me a bit sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users