#1 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6341 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:14 AM

Schnatter drops an N-bomb during a conference call.  Removed from the board of directors, stock price drops 6% on the day, a drop in market value of $96M and the MLB cancelled is Papa Slam promotion.  Well done sir, well done.

#2 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8783 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:15 AM

Yikes.

#3 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68124 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:15 AM

:facepalm:

#4 dagomike

dagomike

Comptroller of CrapPapples

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:24 AM

I thought I saw a headline he got forced off the U of Lousiville board too and they're taking is name off of stuff.

It seems he's going through a rough patch.

#5 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24820 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:24 AM

That worked out well

"Forbes reported earlier on Wednesday that Schnatter used the n-word on a conference call in May.

The call was specifically designed as a role-playing exercise to prevent future public-relations disasters.

“Colonel Sanders called blacks n—–s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash."

https://nypost.com/2...n-word-scandal/

#6 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39959 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:27 AM

Papa has lost his shit.

Forbes also reported that Schnatter recalled growing up in Indiana, where he said people used to drag black people from their trucks until they died.

#7 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17013 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:28 AM

I used to question how some people could get into a high up position who don’t think, before they speak. Then came trump. So while this is a notable headline, it doesn’t surprise me anymore.

#8 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68124 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:29 AM

Seriously... you'd think it would be common knowledge by now that you do not use that word at work.  Unless you're black and your job is being a rapper....

#9 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28367 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:32 AM

This seems like an corporate assassination/coup more than anything else. Set up a "role-playing exercise" and let John be John, then leak it to a slavering press.  Somebody wanted him gone.

#10 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68124 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

This seems like an corporate assassination/coup more than anything else. Set up a "role-playing exercise" and let John be John, then leak it to a slavering press.  Somebody wanted him gone.

Nobody held a gun to his head and forced him to use what is probably the most unacceptable word to use in the American workplace. Boo hoo.

#11 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24820 posts
  • LocationKC - Kansas side

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

Peyton still has the moves

https://www.cnbc.com...t-with-nfl.html

#12 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8783 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

Nope, not quite.  Pretty tone-deaf of Schnatter to use the n-word in its entirety as he is reported as doing.

He could've said "the n-word" and made his point just as effectively (and maybe more so) as saying the word itself, without inciting the backlash that followed.

#13 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39959 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

The part where he throws in the aspect of black people being dragged to their death sounds like he was on a full rant. Someone effectively pushed a loose cannons button.

#14 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28367 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:45 AM

No, no, I don't mean that he's not an asshole who likely casually uses the N-word.  I mean that if he was popular and powerful within his organization it wouldn't have come out at all.  People in that corporate structure wanted him gone enough to at least not protect him - if not outright sabotage him.  But all of that only works because he's a shitty human in the first place.

#15 JKor

JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37806 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:48 AM

No, no, I don't mean that he's not an asshole who likely casually uses the N-word.  I mean that if he was popular and powerful within his organization it wouldn't have come out at all.  People in that corporate structure wanted him gone enough to at least not protect him - if not outright sabotage him.  But all of that only works because he's a shitty human in the first place.

For sure.

The restaurateur had already stepped down as chief executive in January after he caused controversy by criticizing the NFL over their national anthem policy.

This is just finishing the job of pushing him out.

#16 codemonkey

codemonkey

Ass. Comptroller of Ferthdays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17798 posts
  • LocationMy suburban paradise

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:50 AM

This story smells funny. If he was participating in a training exercise, why did it go public? And the hysteria around the use of a word that has very vague rules regarding acceptability is just too much.

#17 Bklmt2000

Bklmt2000

Five Way Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8783 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:51 AM

I think I get what you're saying; i misunderstood your prior comment, but I'd wager you'd agree that he should've exercised more forethought before he spoke.

For all of his other antics, it would appear yesterday's reporting was the straw the finally broke the camel's back and gave the corporate suits no other real choice except to act as they did.

#18 the_stain

the_stain

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68124 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:54 AM

This story smells funny. If he was participating in a training exercise, why did it go public? And the hysteria around the use of a word that has very vague rules regarding acceptability is just too much.

I don't think the rules are vague at all.  If you're not black, you don't say it.  

#19 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28367 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

I think I get what you're saying; i misunderstood your prior comment, but I'd wager you'd agree that he should've exercised more forethought before he spoke.

I'd imagine that it's a "smoke/'fire" thing with all his other antics over the last few years.  At best he's white trash with no filter, but he's more likely at least a casual racist.

#20 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39959 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:57 AM

The marketing company severes ties and just happens to talk to Forbes magazine about it. It is not like Forbes would have known to ask them if they had recently dropped Papa John's as a client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users