26 replies to this topic

#21 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53800 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:19 AM

I end up with a good 3/4" to 1" of yeast + schputz on the bottom of the primary when fermentation is complete so that setup would work against me.  If I get about 5.25 gallons in the primary and then just stop the transfer as soon as I see air bubbles in the line I end up with just barely short of 5 gallons in the keg and all the solids are left behind.  One time I thought maybe I should slightly prop up the back side of the fermenter on an angle so I could get more beer into the keg but I ended up getting some schputz too so no more of that.  I'll be doing a transfer like this today (with MLPA) so I can get to the 1056 and make a Cascade Pale Ale tomorrow.  Cheers. 

#22 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:29 AM

I end up with a good 3/4" to 1" of yeast + schputz on the bottom of the primary when fermentation is complete so that setup would work against me.  If I get about 5.25 gallons in the primary and then just stop the transfer as soon as I see air bubbles in the line I end up with just barely short of 5 gallons in the keg and all the solids are left behind.  One time I thought maybe I should slightly prop up the back side of the fermenter on an angle so I could get more beer into the keg but I ended up getting some schputz too so no more of that.  I'll be doing a transfer like this today (with MLPA) so I can get to the 1056 and make a Cascade Pale Ale tomorrow.  Cheers. 

Get out of my head!!  I have the same planned for this weekend!

#23 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53800 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:47 AM

Get out of my head!!  I have the same planned for this weekend!

Nice.  I made one last year or the year before and I was reminded that I need to make pale ales with Cascade more often especially in this world of new hop varieties coming out every hour.  :D  I'm doing pale ale malt, some wheat, a combination of CaraRuby and CaraMunich and then bittering with Horizon (I think) and then using Cascade mixed with Stryian Goldings late.  1056 for the yeast.  

#24 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18066 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:05 AM

Here is my plan.  It is a riff on a Can You Brew it beer for Nebraska Brewing Cardinal Pale Ale

42952081841_21a0519b7e_c.jpgc

#25 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

It was time, I have waaaay too much brewing crap.  So far 5 better bottles given away, 10 Kegs and 4-3g kegs sold and a nitro tank and regulator with an interested party.  I should have got rid of some stuff long ago and the cleaning continues!

I gave away 3 fermenters and I'm trying to sell my kegs. Still trying to make the garage habitable enough to brew. 

#26 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

Just sold 23 cases of bottles to the homebrew store. The idea was to bottle a few from every kegged batch but that never happen. The only reason it was that few is probably due to the can revolution.

#27 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

I actually don't have that much stuff I don't use.  biggest items are 5L flask and stir plate since I do 007 starters now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users