#1 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

Pretty cool amenity.  Would consider it if I were a retiree.  

https://m.sfgate.com...ng-12976863.php

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

For sure.  That's how I got started brewing!  

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

For sure.  That's how I got started brewing!  

Huh... so you got started in a "brew on premises" type of a place?  How many brews before you got your own equipment?

I think living in a place like this would be a blast, although I could see how you might have to "reserve" the equipment.

Could you imagine the brewing competitions you could hold?  Everyone using the same system?

#4 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

I'm not sure how many beers we made in that place but it was probably in the 5-to-6 range.  The issue was that the place went out of business and by that point I had been bitten by the brewing bug.  The place was great... I think you brewed 12-15 gallon batches and then you scheduled a time 2 weeks later to bottle it.  They would keg it, carb it and chill it and then you would tap it into bottles.  The beer was very good.  It looked like it was in an old car-repair place... cement floors, brick walls, overhead garage doors, etc.  There was a pizza place nearby and people were always ordering pizza in.  The fun part was that if you were there brewing, you could buy bombers of beer that the house made... or... people in the bottling area would share their beer with you.  It was a fun atmosphere for sure and the staff and owner were great.  The guy must have had $200k in plumbing, kettles and walk-in cooler equipment.  They had 100 recipes.  It was rare to go in there and have the place to yourself.  A very fun day out in the big city and at the end... you have fresh-brewed beer!  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users