Sidney Porter

Comptroller of the Banninated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19545 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

Really humble brag

My youngest set his rec team's record for the 6u back earlier today.

The spin, the team has existed since 1970 so this is impressive.

Page 3. From 1970 to 2014 we were in a league that only had 6u free, the other events they swam 8u. The new league has 6u free and back. I assume in the last 48 years there has been faster 6 year olds but their numbers were lost since they were swimming 8u.

Last year they didn't have a 6u. So it probably means he was faster than 1 or 2 guys.

His name will go up on the record board, that hangs at the pool, for at least a year. I will get him some pictures of the board.

It was also the first meet of the season (rained out earlier this week). So he will improve on the time this year.

#2 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4952 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

Nice

Got our 8 year old on the year round team. Wife and I both H.S. and college swimmers. Great sport.

#3 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19545 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

Nice

Got our 8 year old on the year round team. Wife and I both H.S. and college swimmers. Great sport.

my 14 year old swam club from 9-13. He was a "b" swimmer. He still swims rec and will swim high school this coming winter.

#4 orudis

orudis

Deputy Comptroller of Rarts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13894 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

Really humble brag
My youngest set his rec team's record for the 6u back earlier today.
The spin, the team has existed since 1970 so this is impressive.
Page 3. From 1970 to 2014 we were in a league that only had 6u free, the other events they swam 8u. The new league has 6u free and back. I assume in the last 48 years there has been faster 6 year olds but their numbers were lost since they were swimming 8u.
Last year they didn't have a 6u. So it probably means he was faster than 1 or 2 guys.
His name will go up on the record board, that hangs at the pool, for at least a year. I will get him some pictures of the board.
It was also the first meet of the season (rained out earlier this week). So he will improve on the time this year.

Nice spin! I recently polished up the resume (and conversely got shown some polished up firms) and heartily approve of your spin.

I swam from age 4 thru high school so am familiar with all that. All our kids swim summer club, I’m the head timer and regularly embarrass the hell out of them by swimming the parent relay, held at the meet halfway point. Our middle kid swims year-round and the youngest (9) is wanting to start year-round.

#5 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11153 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

Congrats to your little guy for his record and early success. Hope it continues and he continues to enjoy it.

#6 codemonkey

codemonkey

Ass. Comptroller of Ferthdays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17379 posts
  • LocationMy suburban paradise

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

:cheers:

Sigh...

#7 Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39075 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

A pic next to his record banner will be a great memento. I recently had my first 2ft by 2ft canvas print made. With all the technology we have today....one could go overboard with mementos.

#8 Sidney Porter

Sidney Porter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19545 posts
  • LocationColumbus OH

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

Season is over, the youngest (6) received most improved boy u8. The oldest (14) received one of the coaches awards for his age group.

The oldest broke his arm mid season. He is a "Jr coach" he was working with the younger kids and slipped on a kick board on the pool deck. He could not swim in meets but continued to go to his practice (water proof cast) and the younger kid's practice to help out. I can say for certain he is never going to set a record but he collects coaches awards this is his 5th (4 swimming-2 different teams 3 different coaches. 1 cross country)

#9 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21040 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:38 AM

Nice

When and where did you swim.  We have some good friends that swam in college (and competed for spots on the US Olympic team).  He swam for Utah and she was at Arizona.  They just turned 40, so I'm guessing that would put them in school circa 2000 or earlier?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users