21 replies to this topic

#1 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19795 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

A local gentleman I know of and know of his family having met them in several board rooms. He was diagnosed with what amounted to terminal brain cancer. He wasn't given much long to live even if he did chemo and radiation and surgery, He had read about CBD oil and it's benefits to some. He tried it in high doses and guess what? His tumor began to shrink, and shrink and poof it was gone, 

Now this isn;t hearsay or a in town rumor or tale, this is real. I know where this guy lives. I have met him before. 

The bad news is these types of tumors always come back so there;s that. 

The good news that he has added 3 more years onto his life with CBD oil.

Yeah Yeah Granted in some of your enlightened states, this kind of a story is not rare. But here in the belt, this shouldn't happen. This shouldn't be talked about and explained further uses of cannabis. Doctors don' do that.

But hear they all were. My boy had some hair and a gotee and looked like he had started putting back on some weight. It warms my heart and I verbally said to no one here in paticular "Get Sum Ooh Rah!"

Edited by glassonion, 16 May 2018 - 07:19 PM.

#2 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31449 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

Who knows why his tumor shrunk. Good that it did. Cheers to you're buddy!

#3 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15188 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

I tried CBD oil for my hearing loss.  It didn't help, but I'm left wondering if it was the real thing.  How would I tell?

#4 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31164 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Holy shit! How long did that take?

Scott, I don’t know where you obtained yours, but there are places online selling pure isolate. I’ve never heard of it being used for hearing loss but at this point it wouldn’t surprise me if it did help with that. It’s incredible what this stuff is doing for people.

A friend’s father had a herniated disc about ten years back that basically took him from being an active hiker, gardener, and carpenter to having to live in a semi painful no motivated existence on Vicodin. Surgery made it worse. He takes a ton of pride in his lawn either way but it would take him 3 tries to finish mowing the damned thing because of the pain and general meh. He started using a topical CBD ointment on his back and quit the opiates and now does that lawn in a single pass. Sounds crazy and n=1 but it’s hard to tell him that.

#5 Iron Chic

Iron Chic

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10227 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:59 PM

I'm still very skeptical on all the cbd claims I keep reading

#6 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33241 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

I would think CBD's best indication would be for pain.  Possibly for inflammation.  

#7 MyNameIsLuka

MyNameIsLuka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21629 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:18 AM

An old school friend of mine was behind the successful push to legalize cbd oil here in nc. His daughter has really bad seizures, and cbd works better than any pharmaceutical to control them...and it has far fewer side effects.

#8 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2808 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

My wife has been using cbd oil for neuropathy for about three months.

She used to have phantom tingling and itching from some surgical nerve damage. She couldn’t scratch or otherwise find relief because the area had no skin sensation.

A month of cbd oil and she hasn’t had a spell since.

#9 Ineedacatscan

Ineedacatscan

Comptroller of BAW!!!1!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2808 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:29 AM

She takes the charlottes web brand oil

#10 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19795 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:50 AM

Who knows why his tumor shrunk. Good that it did. Cheers to you're buddy!

I'm still very skeptical on all the cbd claims I keep reading

Actually, I am too. But skeptical in a way that we should research this. I am not one of those who thinks that cannabis is the cure for everything including your hammer toe, I'm very wary of making absolute claims at this point because I think we are just on the cusp of some serious research. Yet I am also hopeful that indeed these people can find relief if it works for them.

I don't know what made this guy's tumor shrink. I honestly don't know. Medical doctors really don't know and are watching this closely. So, again I'm skeptical in that I don't think cannabis is a blanket cure all, but I'm relieved it does help a lot of people that need something and may have tried everything. I am hopeful for this guy and others. 

I know that it works for me. 

#11 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31164 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

I can’t remember where I read this, but supposedly a tiny amount of THC helps the CBD to be more effective than it is on its own. Not enough to get high, maybe only like .5% or so.

#12 Iron Chic

Iron Chic

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10227 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:19 PM

I can’t remember where I read this, but supposedly a tiny amount of THC helps the CBD to be more effective than it is on its own. Not enough to get high, maybe only like .5% or so.

That's the only time I've found it even remotely effective is through the dispensaries (both THC and CBD).  Still, it's not raising the dead like a lot of the claims

#13 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31164 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

Idk about raising the dead, but I’d say shrinking a tumor to non existence and stopping children with epilepsy from having seizures and helping people in chronic pain while avoiding opiates is absolutely worth investigating with lots of research.

I’m not saying I think it’s a panacea, but there seems to be something there.

#14 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33241 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

Idk about raising the dead, but I’d say shrinking a tumor to non existence and stopping chilled with epilepsy from having seizures and helping people in chronic pain while avoiding opiates is absolutely worth investigating with lots of research.

I’m not saying I think it’s a panacea, but there seems to be something there.

Definitely worth investigating.  And i'm sure it is.

Research doesn't do well with explaining outliers, but it'll definitely tell you that they're outliers.  Or not.

#15 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6711 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

I think it definitely helps some folks. Just like prescriptions, some work for folks, and some don't.

I'm about to order some cbd gummies for my wife to see if they help with anxiety. Hard to sift through what might be reputable online.

#16 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19795 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

I think it definitely helps some folks. Just like prescriptions, some work for folks, and some don't.

I'm about to order some cbd gummies for my wife to see if they help with anxiety. Hard to sift through what might be reputable online.

True. When my neuro and I were trying to get a hold on my seizures we tried probably 9 different med combinations before he finally threw up his hands and said "I have no more meds to give you".

#17 Hines

Hines

Comptroller of Emus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6711 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

GO, you have any working knowledge of reputable CBD online distributors? 

#18 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19795 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

GO, you have any working knowledge of reputable CBD online distributors? 

There are several places I have ordered CBD from. There are also isolates, etc.

CBD oils, high quality CBD, can get expensive. 15ml Full Spectrum CBD Tincture goes for around $90 to $100 or more and that's usually about a 1 to 2 week supply if taken by the directions. 

You can try reputable places like:

• purekana.com ( have ordered from here )
  •  
  • www.greenroadsworld.com
  •  
  • www.thecbdistillery.com
  •  
  • nuleafnaturals.com ( have ordered from here )
These come recommended and reviewed well. These have pharmaceutical grade CBD.

Thing is, it seems like everybody and their brother is selling CBD oil. Hell, every zippy mart, and Habib's Emporium sells it. I wouldn't waste my money on those, and even some head shops unless it's a quality joint. With everyone and their brother selling CBD, it's hard to weed out (get it) (ha ha) some of the riff-raff. 

I would look for outlets that have BBS rating, live customer service, service professionals that actually know their product and are not just regurgitating bullet points and confusing terminology, an actual physical address and phone number. 

#19 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19795 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

The Secret to Choosing High-quality CBD Oil in Today’s Unregulated Market

#20 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators