#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:08 AM

After much anticipation, I kegged my Bayern No. 1 Golden Lager on Saturday, set it to carb, all good. Yesterday my wife went to the keezer to grab a beer and came back in saying it wouldn't pour. So I go out there and the tank is dead. Further inspection shows my Bayern No. 1 is laying in the bottom of the keezer and that can is floating.... Some how the picnic must have lodged in a precarious spot and.... spouted off and I lost all of Bayern No. 1. DAMMITTHEHELL................................ Bayern No. 2 will be made this coming Sunday; German Pils.

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54003 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

So the entire contents of that keg spilled out all over the bottom of the fridge?!? :covreyes: Oh, the humanity. I bet your garage smells awesome.

#3 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16635 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:38 AM

Sounds like the keg is floating in 5 gallons of beer at the bottom of the keezer. Vibes pop top, that really sucks.

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

That sucks.  Been there before with a leaking post and it is always something I worry about.

Time to get back on the horse and brew it again!

#5 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:50 AM

Fellas, my heart sank. All this hype about the Bayern's musta put the hex on me haha. All of it was contained the keezer so it's a matter of bailing the bitch out later and then opening up the portal for the remainder. This morning there was still a little ice build up so I closed the lid to keep it cool. I assume I'll be able to salvage the other 2 corny's; a Belgian and a Cider.

Come heck or high water I'm making a Bayern Pils on Sunday :)

#6 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54003 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

I know it's too soon but there is something about that smell of beer. Potentially it's the smell of spilled beer because it gets up into the breeze and makes the whole area smell like beer. I was brewing a few weeks ago and dropped a bottle of Victoria on the garage floor and that smell! Holy hell I wanted to get down on my knees and clean up the beer with my tongue. It's why I'm currently brewing with 940. Also, I have a new pack of Bayern waiting for me in the fridge too and I can't wait to brew with it. Cheers and sorry for your loss. I guess we don't have to "pour one out"... you already did. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users