6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

I just finish turning a Sanyo mini fridge into a fermentor/kegorator and need help finding a way to hang a picnic tap inside the fridge.I don't want to go through the door or sides I want to open up the door, grab the tap and let it rip.

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53972 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

When I had a setup like that I just laid the cobra tap on top of the kegs. If you want something better than that, head to the hardware store and get some of those adhesive white hooks. Use some alcohol on the area where you want to mount it so it's clean, make sure it's dry and stick the hook on there. Hang the cobra tap on the hook and giddy up. You never know where capillaries or coil might be in the sides of the fridge so this would be good... until you get that sweet double tower for the top of the fridge. :P

#3 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

When I had a setup like that I just laid the cobra tap on top of the kegs. If you want something better than that, head to the hardware store and get some of those adhesive white hooks. Use some alcohol on the area where you want to mount it so it's clean, make sure it's dry and stick the hook on there. Hang the cobra tap on the hook and giddy up.

I was hoping someone knew of a Beer wizard and his 3d printer that came up with a solution.I need to sharpen my google-fu and see what out there on the interwebs.

#4 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

That was easy enough

IMG_5114_preview_featured.jpg

picnic_tap_holder_1_preview_featured.jpg

https://www.thingive...m/thing:1211018

#5 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

https://imgur.com/a/oifXv

#6 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:35 AM

Oh, geez. I was talking with the wife about getting a 3d printer. so many amazing life hacks!

#7 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

Ended up going with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users