#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

Not willing to get rid of it yet..but, i used a filtering machine when i had gout flare ups years ago..been taking the meds to control the uric acid . Anyhow, whom else has stuff there hoarding ? 

This is the keg to keg system i bought, makes pretty beer and i found the 1 micron filters worked just fine.

https://www.williams...ILTER-P468.aspx

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

I got one those... Used it maybe twice and now it collects dust.

I have more homebrew gear than I really know what to do with. The good part is when something goes wrong I have parts to fix it.

#3 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53972 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:10 PM

I had one of those pad filters too. Never used it after many people mentioned that it would clog and that you may also waste a lot of beer. Eventually a friend of mine (a brewer) told me he thought he may have a yeast allergy so I gifted it to him. I have a "bottle tree" that has not been used for awhile and I also have 5 or 6 PET Better Bottles that are also sitting around doing nothing. The most surprising thing is a small bucket of three-piece airlocks. I don't use airlocks anymore. I still have my original hydrometer and flask from 1999 and used it very infrequently and with some recent changes it has become more important. I have a hand-capper and a bench capper that get almost no use and I have bags and bags of caps too. I have an old Milwaukeee pH meter that sucks ass and was replaced by another one. I have various bottling wands along with a number of old-school, glass thermometers that I would use before I got a Thermapen. I also have a canister of the 5.2 stabilizer and another one of SuperMoss which was supposed to be like Irish Moss on steroids and better then Whirfloc... it was more work and it DID NOT work as well as Whirfloc. I also have so many plastic buckets it's insane. I have them in the shed and the garage and they get used for various things (and I'm happy to have them) but it's literally like 20 buckets. I'm sure there is more.

#4 Mike Green

Mike Green

Frequent Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3671 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

I have a DIY counterflow bottle filler that I never finished and is laying around for the last 15 years.

#5 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

Oh man, I'm sure I have a lot I can't even think of right now. The biggest one is the 50 ft 1/2'' immersion chiller that I stopped using - I now use my two stage counterflow and can chill a 5 gallon batch in about 7 minutes in one pass to the fermenter.

I also have two propane burners that I've just kept even after moving to electric.

I have some drip trays, oxygen tank setup with victor regulator and 2 micron stone, and a paintball co2 tank filler that I don't use anymore.

things that I still use on an infrequent basis: beergun, bench capper (with a bucket of caps), spunding valves, and I'm sure others.

I will say that I have a whole slew of spare parts that I keep on hand just in case that I don't use very often, but I am very happy to have them on hand when I need them - mostly 1/2'' stainless fittings, but also 1/4'' flare fittings, garden hose fittings, camlock fittings, spare regulators, pressure gauges, 1/4'' valve, 1/2'' valves, o-rings galore - essentially every o-ring I would need in bulk.

#6 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10727 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

mentioned in another thread... my beer gun.  The thing works great, but unless I want to bottle a lot of beer from a keg is has no use

#7 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:34 AM

venturi based pump system

Stir plate and several flasks

several complete brewing systems

#8 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

venturi based pump system

Stir plate and several flasks

several complete brewing systems

I also have a lot of flasks.  I think I have 3-1L, 1-2L and 4-5L.  I was giving the 5L ones and they are real nice heavy lab grade ones.  Hate to let them go because I know at some point I will break one.

I also have a few 10G fermetners I no longer use since I only brew 5g's these days.

#9 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53972 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

I also have a lot of flasks.  I think I have 3-1L, 1-2L and 4-5L.  I was giving the 5L ones and they are real nice heavy lab grade ones.  Hate to let them go because I know at some point I will break one.

I also have a few 10G fermetners I no longer use since I only brew 5g's these days.

Do you think I have anything you want for a trade for one or two of your 1L flasks? Mine currently has a gruesome-looking chip on the top of it that I expect to continue to break over time and the measurement markers have warn off so I can't tell how much slurry, etc. is in there. I keep meaning to pick one up or order one but keep forgetting.

#10 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18067 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:06 AM

Do you think I have anything you want for a trade for one or two of your 1L flasks? Mine currently has a gruesome-looking chip on the top of it that I expect to continue to break over time and the measurement markers have warn off so I can't tell how much slurry, etc. is in there. I keep meaning to pick one up or order one but keep forgetting.

PM Sent

#11 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:12 PM

I have the ugliest 50ft IC around.  It has been rebent several times and soldered in a couple places.  I looks like it was drug behind a car for a while.  But it does have some sweet GH disconnects sweated on it.  And I have the first kettle I used back in the 80's.  A porcelain coated canning kettle for boiling 2 gallons that I would top off to hit five gallons.

#12 Area Man

Area Man

Comptroller of Geometry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9143 posts
  • LocationAbilizzle

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

Carboys. I switched to Speidels quite some time ago and haven't looked back. Haven't had the heart to get rid of them, though.

#13 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10727 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Carboys. I switched to Speidels quite some time ago and haven't looked back. Haven't had the heart to get rid of them, though.

I love the Speidels... When I moved I donated my carboys to the local homebrew shop owner and he sold a few and donated a few others as prizes to the new club he was starting up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users