#1 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Sometimes I get a beer in my head, design the recipe and get all the ingredients together. Then if the brew day gets pushed out or if I design a beer too early I sometimes decide that's not what I want to make.... In this case I have the 2.5 pounds of specialty grains already mixed and I specifically picked up some Golden Promise for a version of Stout and now I'm not in the mood to make it. The mixed grains really only qualifies for the for the plan. Indecision may or may not be my problem. So, should I forge ahead or divert?

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

If you are not feeling it I would say hold off.  If the grain is not crushed it will store fine for a while. 

#3 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

If you are not feeling it I would say hold off.  If the grain is not crushed it will store fine for a while.

Yea, that's about right. Without trying to sound weird here, I always try and brew in a Zen-like scenario: my head's gotta be into it, my movements smooth, conscious step saving, ease and simplicity. If I get "meh" about a batch, mentally "meh" seems to leak into my final product.

10 pounds of G Promise with a blank canvas :)

Edited by Poptop, 10 January 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

Yea, that's about right. Without trying to sound weird here, I always try and brew in a Zen-like scenario: my head's gotta be into it, my movements smooth, conscious step saving, ease and simplicity. If I get "meh" about a batch, mentally "meh" seems to leak into my final product.

I agree with all of that.  I have had plans to brew certain batches and got everything ready and just called it off knowing I would not be into it.  I get it!  On reason why I know I would never make a good commercial brewer.  Being forced to brew something I was not into would be really hard.

#5 pkrone

pkrone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

I think you're very insighful.  

#6 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

I agree with all of that.  I have had plans to brew certain batches and got everything ready and just called it off knowing I would not be into it.  I get it!  On reason why I know I would never make a good commercial brewer.  Being forced to brew something I was not into would be really hard.

This leads me to my brewing style and pace that it all has to be good in my brain from measuring my water to kegging the batch. For the times when the moon is aligned and my batch is fun from start to finish, I swear the beer tastes better and I get excited for it to carb up :) Yea, commercially making something that appeals to the masses but is not your bag would suck.

I think you're very insighful.

Thank you. I read your posts often and you have much insight. In fact all of you do :) Creativity and artistic freedom abounds here. I think much of mine comes from my love of all things culinary, the science and art of it all.

#7 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

I blame the forum. I get an idea in my head to brew something and then you guys post about this beer or that beer and then I want to brew it too and next thing your know my todo-brew list is a mile long and I never get around to making half of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users