#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Red ale in the fermentation box. Hit my gravity numbers..trying 001 yeast again..( i am burned out with safale 05) , i have been hating on crystal malts lately(  my fault i should have balanced better with hops)...

Last year i only got five brews YTD...My wife had a stroke on the 15th of January and i lost my attention to brewing and just recently got back into it..So wife is doing better , and i have some free time ..Life can change too quickly, take time to enjoy the family .. :cheers:

#2 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16583 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Wow, glad to hear your wife is doing better. Must be nice to be back at it. What are you brewing next?

#3 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Hope to Make an Apricot Ale..i bought some apricot mix from bells today..hope it is not too cloying,,never made one with it. I have had one Apricot ale ( said to be pre- prohibition ) and it was dang good.. 

#4 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16583 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

I still have yet to make a fruit beer. I really should make one sooner or later.

#5 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Vibes to your Wife dude. Welcome back to our little Brewing Cult :)

I still have yet to make a fruit beer. I really should make one sooner or later.

It's also okay if you don't make a fruit beer ;) :)

#6 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:52 AM

Vibes to your Wife dude. Welcome back to our little Brewing Cult :)

Thanks. She is doing good...one week in intensive care, 7 weeks in the rehab hospital, home rehab all summer, out patient therapy through august- september.., had to learn how to walk again, and eat..never really lost her speech..She can't shower without help..and dressing is a struggle , can feed herself and cook a little....glad she is here...it was a rough year last year,,sister in law moved in, had to evict her ( she was not much help to my wife).. All my wife's MH problems have disappeared..more mentally like the woman i married 27 years ago...

My mind has been on beer designs lately, bought some ingredients (pilsner, wheats,) and wished i would of grabbed that belgian yeast,, I need to make another Patersbier,,its been around 4 years since i have tasted that goodness.

#7 Poptop

Poptop

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5011 posts
  • LocationCoconut Creek, FL

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

Patersbier, such simplicity in design that brings so much to the glass and palate. I have some WLP500 getting bored to death. Perhaps that's what I need to make too.

#8 pkrone

pkrone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Heh.   I haven't made one since my Y2K Apricot Wheat.   I'm not much of a fruit beer person except for lambics and I'll leave the making of those to the professionals and just enjoy them. 

#9 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

Red ale in the fermentation box. Hit my gravity numbers..trying 001 yeast again..( i am burned out with safale 05) , i have been hating on crystal malts lately(  my fault i should have balanced better with hops)...

Last year i only got five brews YTD...My wife had a stroke on the 15th of January and i lost my attention to brewing and just recently got back into it..So wife is doing better , and i have some free time ..Life can change too quickly, take time to enjoy the family .. :cheers:

Glad to hear your wife is doing better.  I've had a couple of friends suffer strokes.  One (my brewing mentor) was very serious, while the other is recuperating nicely and has taken to chronicling his condition.  

Safale 05 is my "go to" yeast.  Am using it for my Berliner...

Had a bad experience with fresh fruit.  Never again.

#10 neddles

neddles

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16583 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

Had a bad experience with fresh fruit. Never again.

If you like fruit sours go pick up some of this Thumbprint 2018 NG Cran-bic that just hit the shelves. Its good every year but this one has hit a new level.

#11 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

If you like fruit sours go pick up some of this Thumbprint 2018 NG Cran-bic that just hit the shelves. Its good every year but this one has hit a new level.

I *almost* stopped in at the local liquor store after dropping my son off at rehearsals in Oregon.  Maybe I'll slip in before I head back out of town to pick him up.

Their Thumbprint series tends to be some really good stuff.

#12 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Good news on the wife, glad she's better! Also glad to see you're brewing again.

Whatever you do don't listen to Ken. I think he's huffing O2 at night to reduce the overall world levels in order to get it out of his beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users