#81 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32064 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

Our house on the water in Hampton, VA had not been lived in for several years before us.  The first winter there the mice and rats came in from the cold.  They were completely brazen bastards.  It was not  unusual to open a kitchen drawer to see a rat looking up at you, before leisurely walking away over the back of the drawer.  Or open a cabinet door to see one sitting there eating a box of mac and cheese.  I poisoned them.

#82 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33294 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Our house on the water in Hampton, VA had not been lived in for several years before us.  The first winter there the mice and rats came in from the cold.  They were completely brazen bastards.  It was not  unusual to open a kitchen drawer to see a rat looking up at you, before leisurely walking away over the back of the drawer.  Or open a cabinet door to see one sitting there eating a box of mac and cheese.  I poisoned them.

Yeah, that would be a huge issue, clearly. Not even just for my wife... for me too. I know I mentioned this before but when our dishwasher was replaced there were torn up Tootsie-Roll wrappers underneath the old one which means they went to the pantry to get the candy and then hung out under the DW to eat it. Oogie. That's one reason I'm declaring war all across my vast kingdom. Death to tyrants! And mice. :P

#83 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33294 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

There has been some mice activity already.  When I placed my trail camera out in the corner of my yard (small shed out there, stacks of firewood under tarps, etc) I saw quite a few mice on camera.  There are traps in that shed as well as a bucket trap and I have 4 traps in the garage and 2 in the basement.  In the past month or so I have caught seven mice.  One in the bucket, one in the shed, one in the garage, one in the pool and three in the basement.  That's a good amount of activity.  The trap in the basement is up above a door on a short length of wood so it can span two spots.  When the trap snaps, it's usually so violent that the trap ends up on the floor.  But I went down there this morning and there was a stink.  Apparently this time it snapped and came back down and landed on the piece of wood so I didn't know I had a customer.  For the love of man did this thing stink.  Fabreze me!  My original thought of "what's the point of catching them in a trap" might be wrong.  If they're dead they can't make more mice.  :D

#84 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

Tell me your bucket is filled with lye

#85 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39619 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:26 AM

My bucket would be filled with whiskey.

CHUG THE GROG!

#86 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

Similar to the worm in mescal. I bet if you eat the mouse you get real messed up
Or all those snake wines in China

#87 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39619 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:49 AM

Similar to the worm in mescal. I bet if you eat the mouse you get real messed up

The american market for putting animals in booze is wide open ...

#88 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35477 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

Just don’t add flavors. That shit will kill you

#89 Vagus

Vagus

Just had an organism

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39619 posts
  • LocationThere

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

Just don’t add flavors. That shit will kill you

Gods no. Colors, we only add colors. 

And lightning. 

#90 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33294 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

In some cases I throw the dead mouse in the "pit" that runs through the back of our yard (gravel-filled drainage). When I go back the next morning it's gone so someone is dining on dead mice. Also, some videos show how to make a bucket trap and say to take the caught mice and drive them somewhere to "relocate them". BAH! :lol: My bucket is filled with water.

#91 Anagallis arvensis

Anagallis arvensis

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32658 posts
  • LocationThe Galaxy

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

You spelled SE Asia wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users