12 replies to this topic

#1 Mindflux

Mindflux

Comptroller of WTFizzle?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4795 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

Not bad. Might shift me back to FF over Chrome. It's zippy for sure.

#2 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7830 posts
  • Location38.362783, -85.311367 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Don’t like the new tab look. Just updated 20 minutes ago.

#3 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47274 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

i just updated abotu half hour ago so its early on, still getting used to the new refresh button location, gotta customize a little to get the feel i like.  for some reason i like my refresh button after the address bar.

#4 toonces

toonces

Methuselah

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23038 posts
  • Locationthe atomic city

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

Wait.  Firefox is still in business?

#5 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16534 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

After switching over to chrome, I've never dabbled in FF. I probably should just to familiarize myself with it though. Does it have the same amount of customization and punch that chrome has?

#6 badogg

badogg

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24357 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

After switching over to chrome, I've never dabbled in FF. I probably should just to familiarize myself with it though. Does it have the same amount of customization and punch that chrome has?

I've been using it most of the day today and I have to say I really like it.  I think it is way snappier than chrome ever was for me.  As far as customization I don't really do any of that so I can't comment about it.  My only complaint is the tabs being in that "Material" style that google has been sprinkling all over android the last couple of years.  Never been a huge fan of the style (or lack thereof IMO).  Just flat and straight.  There might be some themes or something that might help but I try to keep my browsers as plain jane as possible as I'd rather them spit pages faster rather than make tabs and UI pretty.  ;)

#7 Kevin Spaceman

Kevin Spaceman

Not Invalid

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Wait. Firefox is still in business?

Why do you say this? it's huge

#8 glassonion

glassonion

Duke of Errrrl

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16534 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

https://lifehacker.c...owse-1820430885

#9 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13987 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

I went to chrome from FF, but uploaded FF again a while back because it streams better than chrome. Hockey is fast moving and chrome was way choppier. I am going to try this new FF tomorrow night when the wings play and see if it’s better yet. I’ll report back.

#10 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47274 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

personally I never really got along well with chrome so I never really use it much, but I don't dislike it.  its a fecking browser WGAF, right?  at any given time on my two laptops I have FF, Chrome and Safari or FF, Chrome, IE open at all times.

been using quantum now for a day, it works just fine, somewhere between old FF and chrome in terms of feel, I haven't found anything I dislike that I couldn't change, performance seems fine, fewer 'slow downs' than old FF so far.  worthwhile upgrade at this point if you like FF over chrome.

#11 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2188 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

Is there a mobile version that anyone has tried yet? I was using FF for years until the board problems a few months ago. Chrome helped, but neither has been perfect. One logs me out randomly, the other doesn't handle mobile skin very well, crap like that.

#12 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47274 posts
  • LocationAntioch, IL

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

Is there a mobile version that anyone has tried yet? I was using FF for years until the board problems a few months ago. Chrome helped, but neither has been perfect. One logs me out randomly, the other doesn't handle mobile skin very well, crap like that.

I don't think that's the browser that's causing THOSE problems

feckinlems mobile skin.

#13 jimdkc

jimdkc

Advanced Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

I like the screenshot function in Firefox Quantum. Can easily capture the whole webpage, including off-screen portions. I sometimes save webpages as PDF, but that doesn't always come out right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users