#61 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10549 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

I guess I would just try it. I have poured in tart cherry juice at kegging and never noticed a change in the beer while it was on tap. After a cold crash and gel like you do I doubt much yeast is left to ferment at those temps. Im also curious how much sugar it is adding. Maybe take a gravity sample to see. Just my opinion but I would just go for it.

#62 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53902 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Make sure this isn't one of those instances where you want something a little different than what you typically brew but then realize that you don't want 5 gallons of it. That has happened to me a few times. This in mind, maybe you can find one of your go-to beers that a little of this syrup compliments nicely and then mix a teaspoon etc into that beer when you feel like having one like that. This way a whole batch doesn't get mixed but you can drink or serve as many as you want. Just thinking out loud.

That had crossed my mind. Adding a little of the syrup to a glass and tapping over it is no problem and let's say I make an American Wheat or something... it can be an American Wheat or a Strawberry Wheat if I want. Point taken.

I guess I would just try it. I have poured in tart cherry juice at kegging and never noticed a change in the beer while it was on tap. After a cold crash and gel like you do I doubt much yeast is left to ferment at those temps. Im also curious how much sugar it is adding. Maybe take a gravity sample to see. Just my opinion but I would just go for it.

Well, that was exactly my point when I started this thread... no yeast is going to be active at 35° so as long as I keep the keg cold it would be all good. Enough people gave me the tsk-tsk for that so I moved onto something else. I'll continue experimenting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users