#21 Area Man

Area Man

Comptroller of Geometry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts
  • LocationAbilizzle

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

My eyes were sore as hell this morning, so I skipped putting them in. Will try again tomorrow, most likely.

#22 weeperabr

weeperabr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9934 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:14 PM

Now that you say that, I have a memory of my doc telling me only to wear them a few hours at a time every day, and ramp up to a full day over a few weeks. This was in 1993 though... lol

Edited by Uther Pendragon, 05 October 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#23 BeersBeers24/7

BeersBeers24/7

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6205 posts
  • LocationAshevegas!

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

I'm hooked on the dailies. When home at night, they get disposed and the glasses come out. Freshies in the am.

Always keep a spare around. That first time it slides behind your eyeball sucks. No wait, that always sucks. Don't rub your eyes.

#24 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22141 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Tried some dailys for a while but for some reason my eyes were dry/itchy 3/4 through the day with them so went back to biweekly. Cheaper too.

#25 Area Man

Area Man

Comptroller of Geometry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts
  • LocationAbilizzle

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

Wore them all weekend and got them put in and made it to work on time like a big boy this morning. I'm still not convinced that my vision is as good with them as with my glasses, but maybe that's part of the adjustment period?

I have my followup Wednesday morning. They seem to be guiding me toward monthlies, which is fine with me, I guess. I think my insurance pays $130 for the lenses. Any ideas on what I can expect to pay? Are they going to try to push a year's worth at a time, or...what?

#26 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22371 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

It really depends on your prescription. I have pretty bad astigmatism. Have worn contacts since 6th grade. I have tried several brands, but the torics are the only thing that work for me. One month, I usually stretch to about 3 months. I've bought my last couple boxes online and saved money. Because of my shitty eyes, 6 pairs typically runs me about 3 bones.

AL

Edited by AspenLeif, 09 October 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#27 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22141 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

If you get them through them its usually $$$.  The monthly ones I was in would run ~$120/yr.  The biweekly I use now are $220.

#28 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7744 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

I am doing the "bifocal contacts" for the first time this year (have been wearing contacts since '87).  I like them and they help when reading things on occasion, but if I am going to do some real dedicated reading, I still put on readers.

#29 weeperabr

weeperabr

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9934 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

I am doing the "bifocal contacts" for the first time this year (have been wearing contacts since '87). I like them and they help when reading things on occasion, but if I am going to do some real dedicated reading, I still put on readers.

I am so quickly heading towards bifocals. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drinking, PHBT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users