#1 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:19 AM

For the sour beer brewers. How careful are you with sharing equipment with sour beers and regular? Right now I just have one barrel of sour. So far I haven't crossed any streams but I need to rack out the beer that is in there. I have a SS racking cane and silicone hose. Should I just use those and just clean them really good? Or get some new ones dedicated to the barrel? How about kegs? Also beers on tap. I have some other sour beers that I have done with a group at somebody's house. I have those on a picnic tap in a separate freezer. Can I go ahead and put one on tap in my normal serving freezer and tap tower and not worry about bugging anything up? Just trying to see how far to go.

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

Any soft-goods or plastic I separate.  SS or glass I use for both after a proper cleaning.  I have kegs that are marked that I only use for sour beer.

#3 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:33 AM

Any soft-goods or plastic I separate. SS or glass I use for both after a proper cleaning. I have kegs that are marked that I only use for sour beer.

So how do you serve them?

#4 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:42 AM

So how do you serve them?

Sorry, I should have added I have separate taps (2) that are dedicated just to sour beers.

#5 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:56 AM

Sorry, I should have added I have separate taps (2) that are dedicated just to sour beers.

Ok. That might be coming for me as well. I was concerned about putting them on tap with my regular beers. But I also hate the picnic taps and opening the freezer everytime.

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

Ok. That might be coming for me as well. I was concerned about putting them on tap with my regular beers. But I also hate the picnic taps and opening the freezer everytime.

I have taps in my wall for most beers and 2 taps on the keezer for sours. Keeps people away from my sours!

Edited by drez77, 12 September 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#7 matt6150

matt6150

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

I have taps in my wall for most beers and 2 taps on the keezer for sours. Keeps people away from my sours!

That's true for me too. Not many people know about my pinic taps in the back freezer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users