13 replies to this topic

#1 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89178 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Went to the dentist today - had a metal filling done years ago that was starting to fail and got a cavity underneath it so I got that fixed.   My face is all numb, I'm going to drink whisky until the Novocaine wears off but I can't tell because my face is numb from whisky.

#2 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23796 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

You need to video this shit!

I want to see Stain drool whiskey!

#3 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89178 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

that would be wasteful. i'm drinking it on the non-numb side!

#4 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24763 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

lol...nice. yes, videos of you drooling whiskey would be splendid.

i recently went to the dentist for the first time in 11 years. :covreyes:  i had a quick cleaning, no issues noted, and no cavities. B) B)

#5 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36671 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Use a straw.

#6 ER Pemberton

ER Pemberton

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35978 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Let's not be hasty. Stain is known for his questionable still photos... now you want video??!! :D

#7 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89178 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

lol...nice. yes, videos of you drooling whiskey would be splendid.

i recently went to the dentist for the first time in 11 years. :covreyes: i had a quick cleaning, no issues noted, and no cavities. B) B)

When I was about 12-14 I had a shitload of cavities, and had them all filled. Like 10b
or more. I have not had too many new problems with cavities, but one by one, my old metal fillings have been failing, cracking, and falling out, and causing infections and cavities and tooth breakage etc. Apparently those old amalgam fillings sometimes don't last more than 20-30 years. It's cost me a shitload of money and pain over the last three years or so getting all those old fillings replaced as they fail. :(

Edited by the_stain, 29 June 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#8 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23796 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Let's not be hasty. Stain is known for his questionable still photos... now you want video??!! :D

I'm assuming you don't make as many stupid decisions when you are making 6 figures.

#9 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89178 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

I'm assuming you don't make as many stupid decisions when you are making 6 figures.

Fact

#10 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23796 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

When I was about 12-14 I had a shitload of cavities, and had them all filled. Like 10b
or more. I have not had too many new problems with cavities, but one by one, my old metal fillings have been failing, cracking, and falling out, and causing infections and cavities and tooth breakage etc. Apparently those old amalgam fillings sometimes don't last more than 20-30 years. It's cost me a shitload of money and pain over the last three years or so getting all those old fillings replaced as they fail. :(

Yup!  Amalgam does not last.  I had a primo plan at one employer and they decided to change it.  So my dentist got me in to swap out all of my old amalgam fillings in November before the plan changed.  It was 100% covered by the plan.  Zero out of pocket for me.

#11 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

Put getting the old fillings off too long, and you can add crowns ( about 1K per tooth) and root canals ( about 1.4K) per tooth. 

#12 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22364 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

Yup!  Amalgam does not last.  I had a primo plan at one employer and they decided to change it.  So my dentist got me in to swap out all of my old amalgam fillings in November before the plan changed.  It was 100% covered by the plan.  Zero out of pocket for me.

Did you like how they suited up in hazmat gear and did it in a negative pressure room to do it?  There is a reason it's free.  The ADA doesn't want to civil action lawsuit for the level of mercury in those old amalgam fillings.  

AL

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23796 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Did you like how they suited up in hazmat gear and did it in a negative pressure room to do it?  There is a reason it's free.  The ADA doesn't want to civil action lawsuit for the level of mercury in those old amalgam fillings.  

AL

No... you don't understand... EVERYTHING was free.  I had my payroll deduction for all medical, dental and vision, but the plan was a ZERO co-pay.  I had a root canal and crown for one of my teeth at that same time.  Had I waited a couple of months, I'd have had to make a co-pay on getting any of the amalgam fillings removed and replaced.

Needless to say, we were pissed when they took away the plan for our level and it was just at the next level up (which was un-obtainable).

#14 Stains_not_here_man

Stains_not_here_man

Phat O'Mic Chef Winner!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89178 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:02 AM

Put getting the old fillings off too long, and you can add crowns ( about 1K per tooth) and root canals ( about 1.4K) per tooth.

Yep... Had a few of those.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drinking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users