#1 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

I just finished up my second batch of Ken's MLPA. Thinking of brewing something else on tomorrow or Sunday. I am also going to Keg my "Tiny Pliny" tonight.

#2 Yeasty Boy

Yeasty Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFt Collins

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

Tuesday I smoked about 9# of home-malted 2-row over beech for about two hours. Kilned it along with about 6# non-smoked, just now crushed, going to dough-in a protein rest, then infuse to a warm sacch, leave overnight and do a thin decoction in the morning to get up to mashout temps, probably a long boil (depending on extract), throw in something Hans-esque at about 30m and then Hellabock.

#3 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

I'll probably brew a California Common this weekend. I need a few session beers on hand before the long freeze hits.Mashman

#4 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10682 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

I got 4 full kegs but I did promise the wife I'd brew a brown ale for her. If it rains, I'll brew and if not I'll do some outside stuff. Fall really hit with a fury this year and I'm hoping there is some Indian Summer left.

#5 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Got 2 kegs of MLPA, a keg of a Czech Lager, a Kölsch, 10 gallons of blonde, 5 gallons of Helles and 5 gallons of Alt. Next week I will make my Aviator's English Ale w/1099, the week after it will be another batch of that same beer and then I'll use the 1099 for a Holiday-Schmoliday ale with cinnamon and vanilla. Cheers!

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:33 AM

Probably going to take the weekend off from brewing this go around. I have just about every carboy and container of mine filled with beers. Pouring 8 kegs along with 3 in reserve and two in primary. My Belgian Pumpkin Spice ale is still fermenting with 3522 from last weekend so next weekend I am going to repitch 3522 into my Belgian IPA recipe then follow that up with brewing my Belgian Tripel. I will squeeze an Impy IPA in there sometime too. Too many beers to brew and not enough time. Lagers roll out soon too. Have a great weekend all.

#7 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:55 AM

Probably going to take the weekend off from brewing this go around. I have just about every carboy and container of mine filled with beers. Pouring 8 kegs along with 3 in reserve and two in primary. My Belgian Pumpkin Spice ale is still fermenting with 3522 from last weekend so next weekend I am going to repitch 3522 into my Belgian IPA recipe then follow that up with brewing my Belgian Tripel. I will squeeze an Impy IPA in there sometime too. Too many beers to brew and not enough time. Lagers roll out soon too. Have a great weekend all.

I was thinking of making my old ale tomorrow but I may wait until Friday.

#8 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

It's 7am (pst), do you know where your mash is?The strike water is heating and I haven't even made coffee yet... :D

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

I'm going to see if I can get that IIPA brewed tomorrow night. I'm still working on my electric rig, but it's getting close to done. I should be able to have it to the point where I can brew on it by tonight.

#10 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Mashed in a Dussy Alt about 30 min ago. Gonna use all Marynka hops. Decided it was time to break another thermometer too...

#11 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

The Porter boil is at it's midpoint. The wife still hasn't made it out of bed. Nice little Saturday.

#12 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

Gonna brew my house Kölsch... probably isn't a real Kölsch but it's close enough and I like it.

#13 macbrak

macbrak

Comptroller of PUI

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationGhost of Jobs Planet

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

Oatmeal Stout for Baltimore Beer Week Brewing Demonstration tomorrow.

#14 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10682 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Just got the boil started on my Brown Ale. I just happed to pick my Vermont Pub and Brewery t-shirt today and I guess that will have to be my honor to Greg Noonan. I was at the pub 4 times and met him once, but didn't get a chance to talk.

#15 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53518 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Gonna brew my house Kölsch... probably isn't a real Kölsch but it's close enough and I like it.

:rolf: Wait, I thought it was an American wheat. ;) Okay, kidding. Have fun with the brewday.

#16 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26137 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

10 gallons of sumatra xtra stout tomorrow and I may bang out an IPA as well ;)

#17 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9163 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

I helped my neighbor do a barleywine extract kit he got from listermans.

#18 shaggaroo

shaggaroo

Comptroller of Hot Flashes

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NY

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

:P Wait, I thought it was an American wheat. :P Okay, kidding. Have fun with the brewday.

Funny guy :smilielol: Thanks Ken! :cheers: So here's what I ended up doing. A friend had some of that Global Kölsch malt that NB and some others sell, so I talked him out of 5 lbs. Also didn't have enough Perle on hand so I subbed some Tradition in its place. Had a little more evaporation than I anticipated but it was a bit chilly and breezy here today. So whatever this beast may be, it's bubbling away nicely at 60 degF as I type.5.00 lbs Kölsch malt2.75 lbs Best Wheat1.00 lbs Best Munich I1.0 oz, 6.8% AA German Perle, FWH0.25 oz, 6.8% AA German Tradition, 20 mins0.25 oz, 2.1% AA German Spalt, 5 minsO.G. 1.041WYeast 2565

#19 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63979 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

I didn't get to brew, but the brew rig is looking nice. Almost ready to go.:PPosted Image

#20 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:58 AM

You need to get a label maker or something :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users