#21 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11934 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

If you have vehicles, why do you always need a ride?

So much monkey fighting this!!!

#22 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45913 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

He didn't get rich by spending his own money on road trips.

#23 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37410 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Damn the man!

#24 BlackBeerd

BlackBeerd

Comptroller of Stain's Junk Posting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17912 posts
  • LocationA Drunken Stupor

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:16 AM

httpss://www.advantrack.com/

I track all my company vehicles with Shadow Tracker. It gives you a ton of information. I track in real time how fast my people are driving, where they are at, what time they leave the house in the morning. I watch everything.

They have a mobile app that's pretty handy.

Has there been a problem in the past? How do your guys feel about you tracking them to that degree?

Edited by BlackBeerd, 03 January 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#25 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:59 AM

Has there been a problem in the past? How do your human assets feel about you tracking them to that degree?

Ftfy

AFAIK he's talking about tracking his trucks, and not any off-the-clock employees.

#26 AspenLeif

AspenLeif

Comptroller of Gingerliness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22815 posts
  • LocationAspen, CO

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

Tracking work vehicles while on the clock is becoming more common. Some for actual surveillance, some more utilitarian. Pretty much all concrete trucks are now tracked. When you have a multiple truck pour, especially when a concrete pump is being used, you want to know how far your next truck is out. If the last trucks crete is sitting in that pump line too long, there can be problems.

AL

#27 codemonkey

codemonkey

Ass. Comptroller of Ferthdays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18916 posts
  • LocationMy suburban paradise

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

How else am I supposed to serve personalized billboard ads?

#28 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32445 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:10 AM

They're super effective!

Dave, do you suspect that your employees are joy ridin' and not working?

No, they are trusted to basically do their own thing which is running that day's route, doing any call-ins, and making up anything that was skipped for whatever reason. As long as all that gets done I don't micro-manage them or anything. I just need to now when and where they are sometimes. They come in, load, and go out to do their routes and since I'm in an office across town I don't see them that much (although we all speak by phone multiple times during the day). I just feel like I need to get a better handle on things sometimes.

Have you ever ridden DieselGopher?

Try it and you'll see   :P

#29 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9953 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

Have you ever ridden DieselGopher?

Try it and you'll see   :P

I have ridden DieselGopher. He kinda just laid there.  :crazy:

#30 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32445 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

I have ridden DieselGopher. He kinda just laid there.  :crazy:

Cattle prod livens him up a bit

#31 maddog

maddog

Comptroller of badogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8146 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

I'm imagining a system in which you wire the horns to sound whenever the car is in gear. Then, a series of carefully placed parabolic microphones could help you determine where each car is, based on the tonal differences in each car's horn.

No mobile app required.

You're welcome.

#32 Trub L

Trub L

Hooked on a Feelin

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112411 posts
  • LocationIn the Middle

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

I'm imagining a system in which you wire the horns to sound whenever the car is in gear. Then, a series of carefully placed parabolic microphones could help you determine where each car is, based on the tonal differences in each car's horn.

No mobile app required.

You're welcome.

Wouldn't that interfere with the Everything's Okay alarm?

#33 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24763 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

Has there been a problem in the past? How do your guys feel about you tracking them to that degree?

fwiw, if you have a fleet of more than a few trucks, i don't know why you wouldn't do this. there are some nice platforms out there that capture all sorts of information, and they will also serve as a timeclock...your employee logs into the vehicle, and that clocks them in. when they log out at the end of the day, it clocks them out. we utilize a system called trackit. it tells us roundtrip times, idle times, allows us to setup geofences that serve as checkpoints at job sites, timeclocks, driving conditions, and a ton of other things. we haven't had an employee complain about it yet. if any employee did complain about it, i would wonder if they were afraid of the company learning something that the employee didn't want us to know. but, really, most things would come to light anyway...through vehicle telematics, we can tell even without gps how the employee is driving the vehicle. we can tell what their round trip times are through some pretty simple analysis, and we know what they should be, so we can tell if the employee is goofing around. gps monitoring is really only going to make it more efficient to figure out a lot of things you should be able to tell anyway.

#34 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

fwiw, if you have a fleet of more than a few trucks, i don't know why you wouldn't do this. there are some nice platforms out there that capture all sorts of information, and they will also serve as a timeclock...your employee logs into the vehicle, and that clocks them in. when they log out at the end of the day, it clocks them out. we utilize a system called trackit. it tells us roundtrip times, idle times, allows us to setup geofences that serve as checkpoints at job sites, timeclocks, driving conditions, and a ton of other things. we haven't had an employee complain about it yet. if any employee did complain about it, i would wonder if they were afraid of the company learning something that the employee didn't want us to know. but, really, most things would come to light anyway...through vehicle telematics, we can tell even without gps how the employee is driving the vehicle. we can tell what their round trip times are through some pretty simple analysis, and we know what they should be, so we can tell if the employee is goofing around. gps monitoring is really only going to make it more efficient to figure out a lot of things you should be able to tell anyway.

Yessir.

I ship most of my products via 18 wheeler. If I have a customer call and say" Mexas, where's muh shit?" I can log in and tell my customer exactly how far away their load is. And I don't have to call/bother the driver where they are driving.

I can also keep an eye on my sales people and make sure they are not GoldBricking. I have a salesgirl that has been slacking, and I notice she is not leaving home till after 9-9:30 most days. Not only have we talked about this, I have documented times. So when she gets the axe this week or next I'll have evidence of her sloth.

#35 maddog

maddog

Comptroller of badogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8146 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:51 AM

Wouldn't that interfere with the Everything's Okay alarm?

At my house the Everything's Okay alarm is a blinking strobe light.

#36 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24763 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

At my house the Everything's Okay alarm is a red light on the front porch.

#37 Car ChuckRam

Car ChuckRam

Rami!

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9059 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:00 AM

I would imagine it could also assist with vehicle maintenance scheduling as well.

#38 BFB

BFB

Wind Whisperer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9953 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

Cattle prod livens him up a bit

:goodidea:

#39 DieselGopher

DieselGopher

Executive Director of Whatnot and what not

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11934 posts
  • Locationhanging around

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

:goodidea:

<_<

3 weeks big boy. 3 weeks...

#40 Mynameisluka

Mynameisluka

Comptroller of Brownies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24763 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

I would imagine it could also assist with vehicle maintenance scheduling as well.

Our system does. We have a lot of telematics data going through the gps...codes, fuel efficiency, temps, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: additions, honey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users