#41 davelew

davelew

Comptroller of ACMSO That Are Not Beans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16203 posts
  • LocationReading, Massachusetts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

You tell me why she would pick this moment with the election in the balance to just pop in and chat, knowing it will get the media and public scrutiny it is getting? These people weigh every single hand gesture, every single word in a speech. There is no way they would just leave it to chance that the media does not jump all over this.

We are not talking about Drump here.

I just really really hope there is some fire in all this to make this dumpster fire of an election really explode.

I don't follow this logic.  I know some people will say that it's because of my political leanings, but seriously, I don't see any logic here.

You say that Bill Clinton weighs every word and hand gesture, therefore when he talked to someone where he could be seen it was illegal?  I don't follow this logic.  If he carefully weighed everything anybody saw and was a criminal mastermind, then we wouldn't know about it.  If he wasn't careful, then maybe he just stopped to talk to someone he knew.  Are you arguing that he was just careful enough to not stop to talk to Loretta Lynch unless it was for something illegal?  I don't understand this idea that Clinton would be careful if something was legal but less careful if it was illegal.

#42 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:30 AM

Who here is talking about it being illegal?

#43 davelew

davelew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16203 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:32 AM

Who here is talking about it being illegal?

Passing information about an ongoing investigation to the subject of that investigation seems like it might break a few laws or at least obstruct some justice.

#44 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

Bill Clinton is not being investigated, unless you know something we dont.

#45 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

This story just keeps delivering Moar and Moar.

FBI orders no pictures and no cell phones allowed out when Bill decides to pop in for a chat.

https://m.washington...nton-prompted-/

#46 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32460 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

But none of us here knows that at this point.  If you have something other than your own prejudices, let's see it.

The difference is that I'm not drawing any conclusions. 

Since the FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation for corruption that makes Bill a witness in a case that will be prosecuted by Lynch if there is an indictment.

Her and Bill getting meeting in private secret isn't allowed I wouldn't think...

But, I'm sure they had their meeting just to discuss their grandkids and 30,000 deleted emails about yoga  :lol:

#47 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

Hehe, this is just blowing the feck up. Now Lynch is distancing herself from her buddy Bill.

I certainly wouldn't do it again," she said about the meeting with Clinton, lamenting that it has "cast a shadow" over the investigation.

In a light moment during the Aspen Institute Forum, the moderator asked Lynch to name one thing her predecessor Eric Holder didn't tell her about being attorney general.

"Where the lock on the plane door was," she joked, drawing a lot of laughs from the crowd.

Herridge pointed out the extraordinary nature of what is happening right now with the Clintons and the Obama administration just weeks before the Democratic National Convention.

"What has happened in the last 24 hours has never happened before in Washington," she said.

I guess Slick Willy is officially under investigation by the FBI and now the FBI is good and pissed about this meeting taking place.

httpss://www.google.com/amp/insider.foxnews.com/amp/article/50047?client=ms-android-verizon#

#48 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:35 PM

State Department asks for 27 month delay in releasing new emails from Clinton.

The motion was filed two days after Attorney General Loretta Lynch met Bill Clinton at the Phoenix airport. Lynch denied the meeting was anything other than a chance encounter, but Republicans and Democrats have criticized her for at least creating the appearance of a conflict of interest in the midst of a federal investigation into Hillary Clinton's time as America's top diplomat.

On Thursday, State Department spokesman John Kirby cited a surge in Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests in explaining the State Department extension request.

https://www.foxnews....ion-emails.html

A chance meeting that had FBI agents on the tarmac so nobody could take pictures or record video of the meeting.

This is the most wonderful election EVAH!

#49 davelew

davelew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16203 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

Bill Clinton is not being investigated, unless you know something we dont.

I think you can reasonably assume that information passed to Bill would make its way to Hillary.

#50 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

I think you can reasonably assume that information passed to Bill would make its way to Hillary.

He is officially under investigation by the FBI, a nugget that came to light since his "chance" meeting with Lynch. A "chance" meeting that featured FBI agents making sure nobody took pictures or video of the meeting.

I found this speculation interesting.

Republicans already are calling for a special prosecutor and given the glaring impropriety of the Bubba-Lynch meeting one supposes there will be other, less partisan, suggestions that Lynch might want to recuse herself from the proceedings.

But while special prosecutors are no doubt troublesome for presidents and politicians, they do have the advantage of being slowwww…

Bear with us here, but, if the Clintons’ believed that charges were imminent, forcing law enforcement to start over with a new outside counsel would push any findings not just past the November election, but potentially as much as two years down the road.

That would buy time not only for politics but to formulate new strategies for either ruining the next investigator or blowing up the charges themselves.

Given the former president’s penchant for making advantageous errors, let’s not rule out this less likely of the two scenarios.

https://www.foxnews....ubba-up-to.html

Not sure what is going on, but he sure is feck is killing all the good press his wife was getting and burying Trump's blunders from the front page.

#51 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6960 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

If there was some fire, we are looking at President Sanders.

This is a key point. If there is anything happening, if it comes out before the DNC, Sanders will end up being the next POTUS. If things come out after the convention, Trump gets the advantage but not a clear win. If nothing turns up, Hill is the one to beat. Timing is everything. Also, I don't think the Clintons can count on Bernie for a pardon if it got to that.

#52 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Trumps blunders have been replaced with Would Bernie Sanders be the Democratic nominee if Hillary is indicted?

Way to go Bill. The article is all inspired by the "chance" meeting.

https://www.bustle.c...es-no-guarantee

#53 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:20 PM

This is a key point. If there is anything happening, if it comes out before the DNC, Sanders will end up being the next POTUS. If things come out after the convention, Trump gets the advantage but not a clear win. If nothing turns up, Hill is the one to beat. Timing is everything. Also, I don't think the Clintons can count on Bernie for a pardon if it got to that.

The article I just read said a brokered convention could look past Sanders and put Elizabeth Warren at the top of the ticket.

#54 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32460 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

I think it's sickening that these candidates are the ones we put up for election...all sides.

The Blowhard or The Crook...sad

#55 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6960 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

The article I just read said a brokered convention could look past Sanders and put Elizabeth Warren at the top of the ticket.

I suppose they could, but why? Bernie gas some momentum, he already has polled ahead of Trump in hypotheticals, and his image as honest and ethical overshadows his extreme platform. Warren has tons of people who despise her. Bernie would make much more sense to me.

#56 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39309 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:52 PM

"Game of Presidents"  - Love it!

#57 Dave McG

Dave McG

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6960 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

"Game of Presidents" - Love it!

It's been made for tv all along, so it's not a big stretch. I'd like to see something similar to Running Man, myself.

#58 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:03 PM

I suppose they could, but why? Bernie gas some momentum, he already has polled ahead of Trump in hypotheticals, and his image as honest and ethical overshadows his extreme platform. Warren has tons of people who despise her. Bernie would make much more sense to me.

I would think Bernie would be a slam dunk of a choice. This election cycle is like reality TV tho.

It is the best election ever.

#59 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38195 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

10 pages before the lock..

#60 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 46467 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

This election is fun, but not lock worthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users