Photo
- - - - -

Value of shirron ventmatic and perlick 425ss faucets?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

I am in the process of unifying my faucets all to Perlick 650ss faucets so that I can have the flow control, which will allow me to use John Guest shank fittings and Bev Seal Ultra barrier tubing. Long story, though it is in a previous thread of mine somewhere.

I currently have 3 shirron manufactured ventmatic faucets, three perlick 425ss faucets, and seven 525ss faucets. I also have my one 650ss test setup with barrier tubing that I have had for a while.

I plan on putting the 525ss faucets on my jockey boxes because I don't think I will be able to get much for them. Mine have worked flawlessly, but with the 630ss out, I doubt I'd be able to get anything of worth out of them.

My question is what is a reasonable price for the ventmatics and 425ss faucets? If it helps, I also have the original spouts, along with currently installed 8mm spouts that I bought separately.

If the price is high enough, I would consider selling them, but if it isn't worthwhile, I will just put them on my jockey boxes too. If I can get enough to considerably offset the costs of the 650ss faucets, it will speed up the unification of my faucets.

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18047 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

425's will get you $30ea or a bit more.

#3 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:22 AM

Yeah if you had a couple brass 425's I would give you $30 easy.

#4 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63965 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

I'll give you $5.

#5 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

I'll give you $5.

Tree-Fiddy-300x188.jpg

#6 BlKtRe

BlKtRe

Comptroller of le Shartes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16489 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Oz

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

I'm in for a few 425's if available.

#7 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Hmmmm, the only thing is each 650ss is $50, so I will have to save a bit before even thinking of selling them. I also need to get another two bags of 10 of the shank connectors, and each bag is almost $40!

I may end up just putting them on the jockey boxes, and then selling them later if I want to. I think I saw someone trying to sell their ventmatics for nearly $60 a piece! I doubt anyone would be paying that much for these faucets. I do prefer the shuttle design, but I need the flow control to be able to move forward with what I want to do.

#8 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63965 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

You need to go around your neighborhood and ask the guys to invest in a local private bar.  I bet you'll raise a few grand easy.  Of course, you'll have a second job but what the heck, right?  :D

#9 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

Ha! Too bad my neighborhood is mostly really old people (houses built in the 60-70's, and some are still original owners, though they are dying off regularly...).

I could use it as a way to actually get to know my neighbors. I haven't really been all that neighborly beyond the house on just one side of us. haha.

I am thinking of selling some kegs to jump start on the faucet replacements. I have a lot of kegs, and I use most of them, but I also have a number of older filled kegs of beer I am pretty sure I will never drink at this point (cream ales dating back to 2011, scottish ales back to the same time, etc.). I still have over 90 kegs, so I think I could sell maybe 10ish, and that could get me enough through at least half of this project.

#10 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63965 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

mmmmmm...vintage cream ale.  ;)

#11 matt6150

matt6150

Moderately Accelerated Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10544 posts
  • LocationMooresville, NC

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

mmmmmm...vintage cream ale.   ;)

Curious about it myself. I would be sampling them at this point.

#12 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63965 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

Ironically, I have a cream ale from 2011 in one of my kegs.  It actually tastes pretty good.  Just went through and sold a bunch of my kegs recently and that was one of the ones I kept because I wanted to drink it.  I tasted tasted everything before deciding what to keep/dump.  End up with the cream ale, an RIS and a smoked porter.  Interesting how well the cream held up.

#13 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

well, I'm not a big fan of cream ales in general, I only make it for others, and as a starter to increase my yeast counts so that I can do a series of beers with the same yeast. When I was helping friends and making beer for their weddings, I was making a lot of cream ale since it was popular, but I always ended up with a spare keg or so, and it just sorta built up over the years. I might have around 4-5 kegs of cream ale in the walk-in. I'd have to dig through the kegs to find them at this point though. haha. There are definitely kegs in there that I can purge, I've just been too lazy, and I've never actually needed those kegs since I keep so many empty and read to go kegs around. This is why I think I can sell some kegs, and still be fine, if I purge out these old kegs from my inventory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users